Dpf how does that work then ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So are all Cars with the deleted options via software mods, not getting their MOT certification? Are MOT stalls, going deep in to the engine bay and checking the EGR valves being blocked via customized hardware?

There's a misconception that if a moded car passes an MOT test, then the mod is 'legal'. This is a fallacy, obviously. All it means is that the mod was not detected during the MOT test (but had it been detected, the car would have failed). If your home was searched by the police for Class-A drugs, which they didn't find because you've hidden them really well - would you then conclude that it's proof that possession of Class-A drugs is in fact legal...?

You know under the copyright infringement laws even modifying the ECU for tuner files is illegal. Should we report these members with their 4 cars?

So what....? Two wrongs don't make a right.... the fact that one illegal practice is rife, is surely no excuse for allowing other illegal practices to become commonplace? Each illegality should be dealt-with on its own merit. What would you tell the police if caught jumping a red light? That it's OK to do so because other drivers are speeding on the motorway? That's just a lame excuse (and won't get you off the hook anyway).

There are moral issues involved, obviously, in deliberately polluting the air that other people breathe, but that's a separate discussion. If you want to remove you' DPF, then (a) It's your car, (b) I can't stop you even if I wanted to, and (c) I don't work for VOSA. But spare me the BS that it's 'OK' or 'legal' - it makes you sound like a bank robber who justifies his actions citing Robin Hood. At least be honest enough with yourself and others and admit that you are breaking the law (in the UK) because you want to save some money, you don't think you'll get caught, and you don't give a hoot about others. If you did that, then at least I'll appreciate the honesty, and the fact that you are not taking me for a complete fool.

Forget this matter, he knows the pros and cons.
Lets talk about your command projects. I have all the options from the 500, except the engine, 2nd sun roof and turbos. Now I want to replace the rear screens with IPADS and integrate them with the car speakers. And Without any damage I'd like Android auto and CAR play in the front screen without that touch screen replacement, I need to continue with the MB screen.

Try starting a new thread here:

(And no, it's not illegal to post in the wrong the section... just frowned-upon)

Try starting a new thread here:

(And no, it's not illegal to post in the wrong the section... just frowned-upon)
I have other people in Malaysia. I'll consult them. Chaps with etiquette. I don't want anything from you. Move aside.
(hold your frown hard, until wrinkles indent)

There's a misconception that if a moded car passes an MOT test, then the mod is 'legal'. This is a fallacy, obviously. All it means is that the mod was not detected during the MOT test (but had it been detected, the car would have failed). If your home was searched by the police for Class-A drugs, which they didn't find because you've hidden them really well - would you then conclude that it's proof that possession of Class-A drugs is in fact legal...?

So what....? Two wrongs don't make a right.... the fact that one illegal practice is rife, is surely no excuse for allowing other illegal practices to become commonplace? Each illegality should be dealt-with on its own merit. What would you tell the police if caught jumping a red light? That it's OK to do so because other drivers are speeding on the motorway? That's just a lame excuse (and won't get you off the hook anyway).

There are moral issues involved, obviously, in deliberately polluting the air that other people breathe, but that's a separate discussion. If you want to remove you' DPF, then (a) It's your car, (b) I can't stop you even if I wanted to, and (c) I don't work for VOSA. But spare me the BS that it's 'OK' or 'legal' - it makes you sound like a bank robber who justifies his actions citing Robin Hood. At least be honest enough with yourself and others and admit that you are breaking the law (in the UK) because you want to save some money, you don't think you'll get caught, and you don't give a hoot about others. If you did that, then at least I'll appreciate the honesty, and the fact that you are not taking me for a complete fool.
SO what? You are the second wrong here. Thank you for answering my question. No one is guilty until proven, and this is not a legal debate the OP comprehends the pros and cons. You are not a barrister, nor an elected/appoint judge or an advocate for an authority on ROAD AND SAFETY laws. So you shove yourself off the course of this debate and accept a block.
SAD DAY TO YOU PAL.

OP, there will be those people advising you on delusional and blurred idea of the law. Common law protects you until you are proven guilty. Like you texted earlier, such people are projecting their failures on us. Waste of my time. Insignificant replies. Fighting for other's causes. Denver pointed out the flaws in AdBlue technology, and have others with expertise, as to how harmful it may be, but certain member will cloud your judgement on their self(false)righteous high(low bred) horses.
Please make your own decision and ignore the general population's comments with bias and prejudice. They are not successful, they are just show offs in debt.

SO what? You are the second wrong here. Thank you for answering my question. No one is guilty until proven, and this is not a legal debate the OP comprehends the pros and cons. You are not a barrister, nor an elected/appoint judge or an advocate for an authority on ROAD AND SAFETY laws. So you shove yourself off the course of this debate and accept a block.
SAD DAY TO YOU PAL.

An act can be either legal or illegal. There's no third option.

A person (not an act) is innocent until proven guilty.

You seem to be confusing the two... and giving out legal advice to others..... :doh:

(I can't believe I am debating law with a bloke on the Internet).

From your own point. Why text, unless you are trying? SET...Point...GAME

So now every school kid who is good at science world wide will state "You dumb bums MB et al, you lot are creating enough heat doing all this heat related cleaning, that you are pumping gobs of NOx into the atmosphere with these temperatures above 450c. and poisonings us all !
So in 2010, drum roll , drum roll enter the AdBlue Saviour knight from the Bosch roundtable in Stuttgart to the rescue! He now injects an industrial urea liquid into the DPF, neutralizing the harmful by products at the same time as cleaning it !
Is this a new urban myth that will soon be quoted on the 'net as gospel?
Is there even NOx created during re-gen given that NOx creation depends on a particular temperature pressure history?
Wikipedia >> Diesel exhaust fluid - Wikipedia makes no mention of AdBlue being specifically for re-gen. Rather, it suggests it is in constant use to counter engine-out NOx.

According to the said article on wikipedia, listed on post number 31, multiple jet failures and tank corrosions have been reported using DEF. And yet some strange members without adequate knowledge and skills are becoming self appointed ad hominem promoters for the destructive fluid and its supporting system.
OP the next death you see, you know whom to blame here. 6 members on this post alone, 1 with the highest indirect death inducing posts.

It appears someone has issues 😬

First time I've used the ignore function on this site. Serious issues 😂

Last edited:
Why do I have feeling that we're conducting the Turing Test here........?

Why do I have feeling that we're conducting the Turing Test here........?
Is that what I think it is and was illegal back in Turing's day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom