• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E200 2020 Changed 19" runflats to 17" Michelin Primacy 4+

mercmercmerc

Car
E200 Estate
I could not stand the noise and vibration from original 19" 35 runflat tyres on my 2020 E200 AMG Line Estate.
I changed to 17" alloys with Michelin Primacy 4+ 225/55/17 WR 101W
These are an option on the E200 ( tyre pressures in my fuel flap )
Tyre pressures 32 psi.
What a difference! Much quieter & smoother.
I am keeping my originals to put back on if I sell the car.

I could not stand the noise and vibration from original 19" 35 runflat tyres on my 2020 E200 AMG Line Estate.
Tyre pressures 32 psi.
Very sensible buddy .

Tyre pressures 32 psi.
Purely due to the state of our roads I opted for 17" (smallest wheel then available) when buying mine, and that was years ago. Even then the salesman was pushing the 'advantages' of the optional 19", which 'looked much better'; the problem with that view us that you can't see them when you're driving but you can feel them.

The drive by some manufacturer's (well, more accurately, UK importers) to restrict model options to the 'sports' versions just doesn't make sense to me with the state of our road infrastructure, whereas other markets, with much better road surfaces than ours, often have smaller wheel fitments/higher profile tyres which aren't available in the UK.

We can't blame the manufacturers, it really is "our" taste and the taste of our importers.

European roads are always stunningly better than the UK but after these last two years UK roads have become tangibly worse still.

We get what we vote for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom