• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E55 one owner FMBSH

Good recommendation. Very nice. Lovely low annual mileages. Price is challenging, but discussion is always good.

Will go to an S211 E55 owner who wants a crisper version of his current love, methinks.

Agree Mike Strong money, but knowing the cost of repairing these and maintaining them the one owner and full history must be worth a bit? and not been ragged too, if you pay ten or eleven grand for a high mileage one with high ownership you can soon rack up five or six grand as we know

Agree Mike Strong money, but knowing the cost of repairing these and maintaining them the one owner and full history must be worth a bit? and not been ragged too, if you pay ten or eleven grand for a high mileage one with high ownership you can soon rack up five or six grand as we know
Exactly. If anyone's got a "normal" much loved S211 E55 on 130k miles, after four owners, and different levels of "service," they'd be mad not to chop it in for this one.

It doesn't say that "she only used to drive it to the shops and to church on Sundays," but with just 2,500 miles a year recently, she might well have.

My "challenge" on £19k is how you price it relative to a younger E63

Screenshot 2024-07-26 at 10.33.16.png

Exactly. If anyone's got a "normal" much loved S211 E55 on 130k miles, after four owners, and different levels of "service," they'd be mad not to chop it in for this one.

It doesn't say that "she only used to drive it to the shops and to church on Sundays," but with just 2,500 miles a year recently, she might well have.

My "challenge" on £19k is how you price it relative to a younger E63

View attachment 159445
No brainer - the e55 every time.

Suppose that depends which camp you are in 113K or 156 its the engines that matter to a lot of people not so much the chassis that there in
And folks like me simply prefer the elegance of the S211 to the S212 body shape.

But "infotainment" and a body shell that's half the age does have its appeal.

But, as ever, "find another...."

The price is, as you say 'challenging' but it does look to be in great order and there are other benefits such as much lower road tax than a post 2006 model - Which is a big consideration if you use it rarely .....

Is nice though ..... very nice ....

No brainer - the e55 every time.
That's not like you to place an E55 M113k above a newer W211 E63 M156 Slim
You are quite right though. It's a much better package.:thumb:

The car in question does look a lovely example. I'd baulk at the price, but doubt it needs much spending on it.
If there is a little movement on that asking price it will make a great buy for someone.

That's not like you to place an E55 M113k above a newer W211 E63 M156 Slim
You are quite right though. It's a much better package.:thumb:

The car in question does look a lovely example. I'd baulk at the price, but doubt it needs much spending on it.
If there is a little movement on that asking price it will make a great buy for someone.
Not a facelift 211/212 fan slim

Adore the e55.

The E55 is a 211 Slim:D

Our beloved colleague said
“Not a facelift 211/212 fan, slim”

Anyone know if the manual transmission on the e55 is any good? If so, this is quite a rare car indeed. There's cls 55s with same mileage for 11k so the rarity of the manual tranny, plus the fact this is an estate could make it very special indeed. A manual AMG 🤤

If this was a e63 5.5 vs a e55 auto box for the same price, I'd lean towards the newer car but am itching to drive a kompressor

Anyone know if the manual transmission on the e55 is any good? If so, this is quite a rare car indeed. There's cls 55s with same mileage for 11k so the rarity of the manual tranny, plus the fact this is an estate could make it very special indeed. A manual AMG 🤤

If this was a e63 5.5 vs a e55 auto box for the same price, I'd lean towards the newer car but am itching to drive a kompressor
This is not a manual, check the interior photos you can see that its a auto, Advert title is wrong

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom