• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

E63s vs AMG GT63s coupe

Stevo5

Car
E63S
Currently own a 2019 E63s estate with all the trimmings. Brilliant car albeit doesn’t get driven much (5k a year maybe due to mostly WFH and other cars). By far the most aggressive performance car I’ve ever had but small things niggle me like the fact it’s a bit too understated (great fun scaring the crap out of other performance car owners). From the rear it looks the same as any other E class (barring quad pipes). Plus on UK roads it’s just not that comfortable.
So I find myself looking to other cars and among the short list is the GT63s coupe. More money for sure but looks the biz and also seems to handle a bit better and is more comfortable on B roads. Watched loads of reviews and while it’s heavier it just looks better imo. It’s on a different platform and it would be easy to discount it as a more expensive E63s.
Thoughts? Any owners have any input and advice?
Great choices to have for sure but there are some great ones in designio matte colours that look the business

Certainly the sensible money is 100% on the E class. The GT is super car money so me personally I'd rather get an AM GT-R for the money unless it seems you need the seats and boot space. The GT63 is a superior model vs the E in terms of trim and everything else. I've seen a few on the road and they have proper road presence. They're stunning in fact. I agree the E and C wagons look very sleeperish but you could just wake up the exhaust in my opinion and get a rear wing and additional carbon fibre splitter on the E if you want it to stand out. I was very close to getting a wing on my wagon similar to the video below.
Ignore the decals but I think a front splitter and rear wing will liven the look up?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sure the s213 has similar mods and will look savage for a few hundred quid

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, not sure the exhaust needs ‘waking up’ to be honest! Sounds great on a charge and I’m happy with it. As for body kits etc…..thats a very very subjective subject and I want to keep it as standard as possible barring OEM add ons (like the AMG Drive Unit I added). Whether I need a big car or not is up for debat-my shortlist contains only a couple of AMG’s which are the AMG GT and the GT63s coupe.

Thanks for the comments, not sure the exhaust needs ‘waking up’ to be honest! Sounds great on a charge and I’m happy with it. As for body kits etc…..thats a very very subjective subject and I want to keep it as standard as possible barring OEM add ons (like the AMG Drive Unit I added). Whether I need a big car or not is up for debat-my shortlist contains only a couple of AMG’s which are the AMG GT and the GT63s coupe.
Which other cars are on the short list?

Which other cars are on the short list?
Here we go! Apart from the AMG’s:
Audi R8 plus
BMW M5/M8
Aston Martin Vantage or DB11 (would love a Supaleggra but way out of budget)
Porsche Panamera Turbo
EV’s…..dont judge me and really not sure I’m there yet: Audi E-Tron GT RS/Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo

Nice choices to have am sure. I looked at a Lister Stealth recently which sounded ungodly but my research came up with issues-plus there are only 2 for sale at the moment and when I would come to sell it it would be benchmarked against an SVR when it’s a real step up from there.
Open to suggestions though! Something exciting thats for sure.

Incidentally I’ll be putting my E63s up for sale in the very near future-anyone reading this wants first dibs then PM me! Immaculate, low miles, big spec etc etc

Here we go! Apart from the AMG’s:
Audi R8 plus
BMW M5/M8
Aston Martin Vantage or DB11 (would love a Supaleggra but way out of budget)
Porsche Panamera Turbo
EV’s…..dont judge me and really not sure I’m there yet: Audi E-Tron GT RS/Porsche Taycan Sport Turismo

Nice choices to have am sure. I looked at a Lister Stealth recently which sounded ungodly but my research came up with issues-plus there are only 2 for sale at the moment and when I would come to sell it it would be benchmarked against an SVR when it’s a real step up from there.
Open to suggestions though! Something exciting thats for sure.
An interesting spread of cars, do you need or want four seats?

An interesting spread of cars, do you need or want four seats?
Possibly not-also have a heavily modified Defender that serves as a load lugger and toy (If I’m being honest but it’s a seriously cool car to own). Just like having a performance car with plenty of shovel and character-hence the E63s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom