• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

EML - P027246 “Teach-in of the operating parameters for cylinder 4 has a malfunction. There is an error in the calibration or parameterisation memory

Bizzle

Car
W212 facelift
Hi all. I am looking for some help with my w212 E220 2014 with the OM651 engine. My engine management light appeared and after diagnosed with Star it came back with the following:

P027246 “Teach-in of the operating parameters for cylinder 4 has a malfunction. There is an error in the calibration or parameterisation memory.”

I have had all 4 injectors tested and even one of them reconditioned (injector 2) and the engine management light still appears after clearing it after 20 miles or so. To make sure it wasn’t injector 4 causing this, I swapped it for injector 1 and yet again cleared and appeared again after 20 or so miles. So it’s pretty clear that’s it’s not the injectors that’s causing this issue.

Has anyone else has this issue and how was it resolved?

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

You need to program in the calibration code(s) for the injector(s) using STAR
Or just drive it for aproxx 200 miles and the system will recalibrate itself.

You need to program in the calibration code(s) for the injector(s) using STAR
Or just drive it for aproxx 200 miles and the system will recalibrate itself.
The injectors are already programmed and this had been confirmed with STAR. I’m unable to drive it for 200 miles as the car goes into limp mode when the EML comes on

The injectors are already programmed and this had been confirmed with STAR. I’m unable to drive it for 200 miles as the car goes into limp mode when the EML comes on
Hi Bizzle, any joy with your problem? Im is same shoes now, please help!

Hi,

Any solution for this problem? Have the same message but I never got engine light ON. I just found this message when I used check with iCarSoft diagnostic tool. Have all four injectors refurbished at 320.000km.
Mine is 2010 C-class, engine OM651.913, 200CDI

Also having this problem. Anyone managed to resolve it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom