• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

EQC High Voltage Battery Failure

Actually, there aren't and never has been, its another urban legend that people accept as fact. There is a gentleman's agreement/code.... nothing more.

From the SMMT
There is no legal requirement in the UK for car manufacturers to supply spare parts for a set period of time. However, many large manufacturers have signed the Motor Ombudsman's new car code, which states that parts should be available for the duration of a model's production and for a "reasonable period" after that.

So it they don't want make them...tough.

True, however MB will need to resolve this warranty claim eventually one way or the other, and if they decide that no battery is available then they'll buy back the car from the owner (or the finance provider). My guess is that at this stage they are still waiting for a battery to become available (eventually).

Atrueguy - Really sad to read of your problems. At least the car is leased. Have you involved the leasing company in this issue?

Good luck - please keep us posted..

NJSS

Actually, there aren't and never has been, its another urban legend that people accept as fact. There is a gentleman's agreement/code.... nothing more.

From the SMMT
There is no legal requirement in the UK for car manufacturers to supply spare parts for a set period of time. However, many large manufacturers have signed the Motor Ombudsman's new car code, which states that parts should be available for the duration of a model's production and for a "reasonable period" after that.

So it they don't want make them...tough.
It might be a gentlemen's agreement , but it's a pretty robust one if it is . I contracted for two years at a company that supplied Honda . I once asked 'what is all that old carp in that warehouse ?' I was lots of tooling and robots made obsolete Years after they stopped UK production of Jazz and Accord models .

If Honda demanded a full set of seats they must be constructed , by hand if necessary, using the tooling to bend and place the parts and a bloke instead of a robot to weld it all together. At least thats what I was told . If any part was removed from the old tooling to keep a line running all efforts were made to get that part replaced/returned to the 'obsolete' tooling ASAP .

The whole lot was under lock and key

Maybe it was just a Honda thing . But they seemed to be taking it quite seriously . Unlike MB at the moment for our poor OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom