Everything's gone wrong dash has all the working lights on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dark1stu

Car
54 plate C270 Cdi
hi all my car was sluggish to start this morning when it did now every light is on , the dmd runs through a load of faults and I have lost abs , traction control speedo rev counter abs , brace hold stop start and the fuse gauge works tho , and gear indicator ,

any thanoughts , this is ovbiasly a single point of fail but were to start , I do have star

oh it would be helpful its a 2012 c220 cdi ,

this is the car running doing 30 mph

Attachments

• IMG_1147.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
BATTERY OR ALTERNATOR first checks or you may have a major short somewhere dragging voltage down-possible water ingress due to blocked drains check supply voltages

As above, most likely the battery is on its way out/barely enough to keep car running.

The way it almost didn't start this morning I suspect the battery shot . However after driving 50 miles on the motorway it is still displaying the same fault and it did start nicely what I will do is go and drop a volt meter on it and see what I find

car was at 12v on the dot after standing all day so that a bit low , I have a new batterie on order

check all your lights whle the car is running. dip, full beam, indicators and interior lights. if you got day time running lights check them and if you can on dashboard turn them on and off WHEN ENGINE IS OFF. just worth looking and checking to rule out ay kind of bad short circuit on the light circuit and modules. definetely some sort of MAJOR POWER DRAIN, Ide check if alternator is charging because if it was a flat battery the alternator would proceed to charge it enough whilst driving for the lights to go out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom