• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Excited - Impending W205 C250 Purchase!

Sydoo

Car
W205 C250 AMG Line sold.....C63 shopping!
Afternoon,

Well as the title suggests, all things being equal I should be picking up a C250 AMG Line estate on Sat (W205) which I am quite excited about.

We recently changed my wife’s car to an Audi A1 S Line which is a lovely little car, however having sold my.....cough cough......X5.....we still had a requirement for a family car. We have a 7yr old daughter with associated ‘equipment’ plus a dog whom travels in a crate in the boot.

Looked at the usual suspects but couldn’t get excited about another BMW after horrific customer service with with the X5. Considered an Audi but with both A4/A6 being revised imminently I figured it might start to look old quite quickly.

Then the AMG Line cars caught my eye and I have to say it’s a stunning looking car and the interior looks beautiful. It’s also rammed full of kit and the particular car I am hoping to buy is white with red/leather which I am a particular fan off. It also has the Burmester audio upgrade which I am looking forward to listening to - how it will compare with Harmon Kardon in the BMW will be interesting.

Interior ambience looks exceptional in the Mercedes with lighting, materials etc.

Interested to hear anyone else’s experiences with a C250 be it saloon/estate - my research suggests it’s a twin turbo diesel so guess it’s pretty punchy throughout the rev range??

Anything in particular I need to check or look out for when viewing on Sat?

Being a relatively ‘new’ car I am guessing things are still good, I looked on Mercedes website to try and cost a service pack but it kept throwing up an error for some reason and wouldn’t give a price - anyone have an idea what monthly cost I might be looking at?

Anyway I will keep you posted with how things progress and all being well pop back on Sat to tell you what a wonderful journey home I had......

Si

Re Service Care Plan, you can call up any dealer and purchase it through them, they will talk you through the process and hopefully also sort-out any issues with VIN.

And if you actually walk into the dealership, you can also ask for a printout of the Digital Service Record (if you didn't receive it with the car), unless the car is still before its first service.

If the car is quipped with COMAND, then it's entitled to 3 years free maps update. Problem is, most dealers don't actually bother updating the satnav maps unless the customer actually requests it. So if you do have COMAND, and the car is less than 3 years old, then please remember to ask for the free maps update come next service time, and preferably also take a photo the screen with the maps version showing before and after - so that you can be sure it was actually done...

Also, if the car has COMAND, then there's a subscription-based TomTom Live Traffic Data Service that comes with it, and again the first 3 years are free. So if the car has COMAND and it's older than 3 years, you may want to renew this subscription.

Enjoy! And post some photos when you can.

Thanks for the heads up and info, it’s outside the 3 years now but does have the COMMAND so will make some enquiries about reactivating the subscription.

The advert also talked about the car having WiFi- is that WiFi in the sense of log in via your phone and use the internet? Just wondering how that works, if it’s as it seems it will be great for my daughters iPad on long journeys??

Si

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom