• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Fathers Day 2023

MissyD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E200 1993, E300 Coupe 2019
Happy Father's Day to everyone who fills the father role even if you are apart from your family at this time. Our thoughts too for those no longer with us. Hope you are all able to have a lovely day.

fathers day.jpg

Thanks Missy D. I'm actually all alone today. Which is bliss :)

My wife's out on a pilates course all day. My son's in Thailand on his gap year and my daughter's gone off on a post-GSCE camping trip for a few days.

My daughter left me a card and my son just called. I'm going to go to the gym and then resume pottering around. Quite possibly with a beer in my hand. :cool:

I've just got up and feel rough as! Hope to be able to watch F1 later with my boys.

My wife's out on a pilates course all day. My son's in Thailand on his gap year and my daughter's gone off on a post-GSCE camping trip for a few days.
My daughter left me a card and my son just called. I'm going to go to the gym and then resume pottering around. Quite possibly with a beer in my hand. :cool:

Now THAT is what I call a "Father's Day !"

Worth every penny.

On Saturday I was listening to the radio, and the host said that he had asked for some alone-time vouchers for Father’s Day. Effectively a pass to do stuff he enjoys which his family don’t!

On Saturday I was listening to the radio, and the host said that he had asked for some alone-time vouchers for Father’s Day. Effectively a pass to do stuff he enjoys which his family don’t!

I was on my tod from 11.00 to 6.00.

I got my hedges done, sorted out a couple of potted bay trees, bought some bits I needed for dinner, did a couple of circuits at the gym, had omelette and chips at the local cafe then bought some lawn feed and bug killer for one of the bays. I didn't get the lawn fed in the end as it started raining but started prepping dinner instead. I'm a laboriously slow cook so starting very early is always a good idea.

I listened to a couple of podcasts - Fueling Around with James May was a good one - and to Oliver Bullough's book on the UK financial system and how we don't do as many checks on dodgy Russians and Ukranians. That's work-related but also very interesting.

All in all, a very relaxing Sunday.

A proper father's day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom