Formula 1 UP FOR SALE?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Post as per title. Bernie Ecclestone pondering £5BILLION F1 sale with Miami Dolphins and PSG [ Quatar backed ]owners tipped to bid.
RSE Ventures is expected to lodge a formal offer in the coming weeks, with British supremo Ecclestone ready to part with his 5% stake in the sport.
The owner of American Football team the Miami Dolphins is preparing a joint-bid with Qatar to buy Formula One, according to the Financial Times.

Bernie Ecclestone pondering £5BILLION F1 sale with Miami Dolphins and PSG owners tipped to bid - Mirror Online

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/29bc0f98-19c2-11e5-a130-2e7db721f996.html#axzz3dyox2mrU

Last edited:
If past exploits are anything to go by he'll get the buyer to think they're buying f1 but move the companies around so he still owns most and controls it.

Get rid of the poisonous little runt. American owned sounds good to me. Bring back the V8's and stop the cars sounding like lawn mowers.......... Well we live in hope.

Get rid of the poisonous little runt. American owned sounds good to me. Bring back the V8's and stop the cars sounding like lawn mowers.......... Well we live in hope.

Be careful what you wish for. American owned/run/organised could lead to races being split into advert friendly 'sprints' .....

Or crikey be careful what you wish for, people in the US are uncomplicated with their motor sport you might find them on the big oval tracks....

Or crikey be careful what you wish for, people in the US are uncomplicated with their motor sport you might find them on the big oval tracks....

All joking aside :rolleyes: I went to Daytona about 10 years ago and watched some nascar and it was damn good fun.

Formula 1 has just lost its appeal to me nowadays. Yes the sound or lack of it is annoying but when 1 team runs away with a championship and the only racing on the track is between team mates it gets very boring.

I'd much rather watch touring cars and the Ginettas. Bring some of their rules into Formula 1 and that would be awesome. Just imagine the top 10 in 1 race having to start from the back in the next. I remember the race where Seb Vettel was 18th and he ended up winning the race.

Awesome to watch but also proves a point that yes he may be a fantastic driver but the car plays a big part. Put Lewis Hamilton in a Lotus. Granted he will probably out drive their current drivers but I very much doubt he would finish in the top 10. When a car is 1-2 seconds a lap slower than others then no amount of skill will put you on a podium. :dk:
Remember when Damon Hill went from world champion one season to not getting a single point in the next when he moved to Arrows !!

It cant be much fun being a driver for a middle of the road team and knowing that the only chance you have of getting on the podium is if other drivers crash / break down with mechanical problems.

It's human nature to be competitive and want to win. When a driver is trying his best knowing damn well he won't win but that he might get spotted by another team and get to drive a faster car which he has a chance of winning is a tad wrong imo..

Last edited:
A1 didn't solve those problems either really did it...

It's a difficult problem to solve really.

My point was that F1 could be a lot worse without Bernie - the politics are just as interesting as the racing for me and at least we have had tremendous continuity with Bernie.

The prospect of F1 mimicking the America's Cup is of concern.

I thought the choice of engines and design of the cars was down to the FIA so any change of ownership of the F1 "company" won't bring back the V8s... or am I wrong on this?

The only thing that needs changing in F1 is not letting the teams make all the rules.

Just imagine the top 10 in 1 race having to start from the back in the next.

Starting from the back worked well on Sunday for Alonso and Raikonnen then?

It cant be much fun being a driver for a middle of the road team and knowing that the only chance you have of getting on the podium is if other drivers crash / break down with mechanical problems.

Knowing the only chance you have is if the money is properly distributed to all the teams not just the favoured handful.

Americans will only be interested in F1 when half the grid are Yanks. The sport's roots are European. America just doesn't get F1. Leave them to spurt in straight (1/4mile) lines and go around in distorted circles. And keep F1 out of their control.

F1 should stay European owned even if it is by a corrupt little man.

If it went to American ownership I dread to think what would happen.

Lewis might like it though as he is struggling in the twisties a bit

Ah the Poison Dwarf's up to no good again..............

Hes nothing short of a crook from his secondhand car dealing days.

Good luck to him, F1 cant be any worse than it is now.

American ownership of F1…what could possibly go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom