• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Front Right Malfunction (SRS)

Ravs88

Car
C204 C220cdi
Got the dreaded front right malfunction consult workshop again. Having had a look under the drivers seat some wires were taped up to reveal the following! Seems they were soldiered back together by the previous owner which actually worked since having had the car for 4 years. I'm no good with electrics and have no idea, but my problem is now why on earth is yellow connected to brown and blue to green/grey?

The car reads for a fault "Status of belt buckle from control unit N2/N10 (SRS) is implausible". When getting into the car I get "Front Right Malfunction, consult workshop".
Following the wire from the soldered wires leads to the belt buckle and a harness.

Will this need re-doing, or cut my loss and go for a replacement Seat Belt Buckle?

Thanks
Ravs20220901_183837_resized.jpg

View attachment 131524

seperate wires pop these on heat with heat gun.. job done.. clear faults ( you might need a fault code reader I use icarsoft MB2 V2

Looks like someone has bypassed a circuit with those wires.
@John, thank you very much, I am not very savvy when it comes to electrics. What does it mean when there are red and black spots on the connector? Am I OK just to to connect Blue / Green-Grey and Yellow / Brown as per the image?

The connector is a heat shrinking type... the bit in the middle is a hollow ring of solder.. which will melt when you heat it joining the wires... the red blobs are hollow plastic that also melt to seal the connector air tight... 5 or 6 seconds of heat is all it needs...to melt the solder and plastic... shield anything else from the heat with tin foil ..
I don't know why these wires are joined.. or what they connect to... but as they are.. they will short out against each other if they touch .

The connector is a heat shrinking type... the bit in the middle is a hollow ring of solder.. which will melt when you heat it joining the wires... the red blobs are hollow plastic that also melt to seal the connector air tight... 5 or 6 seconds of heat is all it needs...to melt the solder and plastic... shield anything else from the heat with tin foil ..
I don't know why these wires are joined.. or what they connect to... but as they are.. they will short out against each other if they touch .
Once again, thanks. I will probably buy a connector instead since I only have a small area to play with. If I heat use heat and damage the wires further I may mess the whole thing up. I think a small wire connector will also do the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom