Garmin Map Pilot Free map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrmullad

SUPPORTER
Car
2018 B Class 180 exclusive plus
Hi all
I don’t suppose for a minute anyone will be interested but you can update your Garmin Map Pilot to the latest map 2020/2021 V15 for free ( I have just done it and it works a treat, the only thing is unless you have a current live traffic subscription you will only get the latest map ( but if you still have live traffic you will keep it ).
Just do a google search and you will find plenty of info on the subject, also the speed camera POI’s work perfectly on the latest software.
Dell

Hi all
I don’t suppose for a minute anyone will be interested but you can update your Garmin Map Pilot to the latest map 2020/2021 V15 for free ( I have just done it and it works a treat, the only thing is unless you have a current live traffic subscription you will only get the latest map ( but if you still have live traffic you will keep it ).
Just do a google search and you will find plenty of info on the subject, also the speed camera POI’s work perfectly on the latest software.
Dell

I think that the maps update is free for 60 days from when you first used the SD-Card?

I.e., whenever you buy a new SD-Card, you get 60 days free maps updates.

The TomTom Live Traffic subscription should come with the new SD-Card (assuming that's it is a genuine MB SD-Card and not an eBay knock-off).

THANK YOU! I've just followed the guide in the link you posted and Mercedes Download Manager is currently updating my 2 year old 2018 SD card with the latest 2020/2021 maps for free! 🥳

Attachments

• 2020-2021.PNG
    2020-2021.PNG
    137.4 KB · Views: 54
Hi Vulture
make suRe you follow the instructions to the letter as sometimes it doesn’t work, it will download the map but not activate it I had to do it twice , if it won’t activate leave SD card in and close download manager and then open again, but I had to download map a second time to get it to work.
i have just installed speed cameras as well and that works well as well.
Dell

Got it working, thanks! I had the same issue with it not activating, just had to close the download manager and re-open and it activated fine. No issues with the SD card in the car either.

How is it going with the speed cameras, I tried installing them a year or two ago and it was a bit buggy so I removed them and use my phone.

Here's how I did it:
(This will only work if your SD card is at least 32GB)

Download latest version of Mercedes Download Manager 3.0.12
Back up SD card using Mercedes Download Manager
Format SD card using Windows as exFAT
Restore SD card using Mercedes Download Manager. You will need your VIN number.
- If you get an activation failed error message, just close Mercedes Download Manager and reopen and it will activate.
- If the restore stops working and the progress bar doesn't increase, just close Mercedes Download Manager and reopen and it will continue where it left off.
Put SD card in to the car and activate it so its registered to the car.
Reset the Audio 20 unit to factory settings
Put SD card back in to the computer and open Mercedes Download Manager. It will allow you to download the 2020/2021 maps.
- If you get an activation failed error message, just close Mercedes Download Manager and reopen and it will activate.
- If the restore stops working and the progress bar doesn't increase, just close Mercedes Download Manager and reopen and it will continue where it left off.
Put SD card in to the car and activate it so its registered to the car.

Hi Tomham
Make sure you reset whole audio 20 to factory settings NOT just the sat nav.
Dell

Dear all anyone know a process to update my 2016 sd card map to the current one?
Mercedes doesnt provide a solution now.

Dear all anyone know a process to update my 2016 sd card map to the current one?
Mercedes doesnt provide a solution now.
You have to buy an "Update" sd card from MB dealer, £105 I think, but they have been on back order for months. I got one from ebay map version V17, but it wont include or renew Tomtom live traffic if you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom