GLC C43... Perhaps maybe....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
May be shifting my C43 Estate in a few months for something larger. I Like the power output so maybe the GLC C43 might be worth a look. Will probably buy new and part/x mine at same dealer but hoping that decent discounts will be available as new GLC is out next year. Appreciate any views on this especially from current GLC C43 owners. Cheers.

Please tell me you’re joking.

After your last crabbing saga, you surely can’t be considering Groundhog Day??

PS Welcome back.

Yes I know.. But hey the Crabbing was addressed with the FOC runflats so as long as the GLC has them I'am reasonably confident that all would be well. But having been down that road I would be doing some proper cold weather testing on the GLC especially if it was fitted with 20/21'' wheels. Knowledge is a wonderful thing:thumb:

Yes I know.. But hey the Crabbing was addressed with the FOC runflats so as long as the GLC has them I'am reasonably confident that all would be well. But having been down that road I would be doing some proper cold weather testing on the GLC especially if it was fitted with 20/21'' wheels. Knowledge is a wonderful thing:thumb:
811 posts, 800 of them whining about crabbing.

Avoid the 21’s, apart from that you should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I suspected the usual negative response from some forum members who are probably still trying to up their Message stats. But may I suggest that instead of quoting 800+ posts etc.. You try reading the last few which made it clear that I was/and still am satisfied that the new RF tyres have addressed the problem to my satisfaction and I think I speak for many other C/GLC owners. So pretty please if you haven't got anything of value to say then please DON'T bother contributing to this thread.

As I suspected the usual negative response from some forum members who are probably still trying to up their Message stats. But may I suggest that instead of quoting 800+ posts etc.. You try reading the last few which made it clear that I was/and still am satisfied that the new RF tyres have addressed the problem to my satisfaction and I think I speak for many other C/GLC owners. So pretty please if you haven't got anything of value to say then please DON'T bother contributing to this thread.

He can’t help himself... nothing better to do!

not worth losing all that money swapping the wagon for the tank via part ex. unless ofcourse you have a need for the ride height like for mounting curbs and driving on uneven grass . the wagon will likely handle a lot better than the glc, is much lighter and will save some fuel .

If you've jumped in and test driven a glc 43 , it would be really good to hear about how you compare the two models. very useful indeed

Not sure but if you do I may have to put a block in to save the pre-purchase 500+ posts, and the post-purchase 1000+ posts

Well I think you’re all being too harsh on the OP, I literally can’t wait to hear of his future travails with the crabilicious 4matic system.

Is the GLC bigger than a C Class estate though? Or is it just higher off the ground? Are they not both based on the same floor pan?

Bought a glc43 for a good price over the summer. Fitted with all bells and whistles

Pleasing things - rasp/whine and acceleration, going quickly, everywhere. No running board's so a cleaner look. 19 wheels for a more compliant ride. It's a very good looking car, esp with night pack.

Displeasing things - 25 mpg, basic c class feel after the more cosseting cls

On balance, I'll keep for a year, as really an f-pace is a better overall prospect - but I needed to scratch that itch - get one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom