• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

GLC350d or GLC 43

jjgm

Car
GLC
Evening all.

Curious if anyone has got a GLC 350d or a GLC43.

I’m debating getting one or the other, currently in a Ateca Cupra, awesome but not big enough for my expanding family, I’ve been given the authority by the wife to treat myself so here I am toying.

Know what I’m going in for, shite fuel economy but buckets of fun and still practical.

My one question is reliability of the 43 AMG, don’t know anyone who has one, got a friend who has the 250d and it’s never skipped a beat, but I don’t want to be getting the 43 and if something goes wrong it’s double the price of the 350d because it’s got an AMG badge on it (despite sharing most of the same parts I’d imagine)

Also if anyone has the 350d, is there a bit of wickedness coming out of the exhaust, yes I could go down the road of a custom exhaust but if the 43 is just as reliable and parts are of a similar cost, well, I think I’d take the 43 any day as it sounds mental.

Before anyone comments about it, I’m not interested in a 63.

Evening all.

I’m debating getting one or the other, currently in a Ateca Cupra, awesome but not big enough for my expanding family, I’ve been given the authority by the wife to treat myself so here I am toying.

Know what I’m going in for, shite fuel economy but buckets of fun and still practical.

My one question is reliability of the 43 AMG, don’t know anyone who has one, got a friend who has the 250d and it’s never skipped a beat, but I don’t want to be getting the 43 and if something goes wrong it’s double the price of the 350d because it’s got an AMG badge on it (despite sharing most of the same parts I’d imagine)

Also if anyone has the 350d, is there a bit of wickedness coming out of the exhaust, yes I could go down the road of a custom exhaust but if the 43 is just as reliable and parts are of a similar cost, well, I think I’d take the 43 any day as it sounds mental.

Hi,
I have experience of both, my current GLC43 replaced a GLC350d. The latter was adequate whereas the GLC43 is exciting (when you want it to be)! I previously had an SL400 and loved the engine and gearbox which are the same as in the GLC43. I have done only 5K miles in th GLC43 so far but have loved them and has cost no more than normal servicing. The falling demand and resale values of diesel cars was one of my reasons for changing.
Good luck with your decision making and potential search!

Evening all.

P.S.
Don't go for big 21" wheels, the suspension is firm enough on standard items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom