Global opening windows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philc57

Car
C200 estate 4 matic.,,, zrx1200s, Ducati diavel
the one thing I miss with my car is the fact that I don't have global opening of the windows ,
Is this how it is with my car or can it be changed ?

From outside, press and hold the (unlock) key next to driver's door handle
All 4 should drop

Press and hold the recirc button will close all of them (and roof if you have one)

It may be an option, but I understood it was global / standard

the one thing I miss with my car is the fact that I don't have global opening of the windows ,
Is this how it is with my car or can it be changed ?
Do you mean all windows and roof opening at the same time? You don’t mention which model you’re referring to, however....

If so then point the key at the the black square on the driver’s door handle from a distance or say 2 inches or 5 centimetres, and press and hold the open button. Or when driving press and hold the recirculating button. In both cases loose the button to stop. This should work on most models.

You have a 2017 C200 Estate....

The above should work.

Press and hold the recirc button will close all of them (and roof if you have one)
Didn't know that about the recirculation button, just tried it, hey presto!
Nice one, fabes. 👍 :)

Didn't know that about the recirculation button, just tried it, hey presto!
Nice one, fabes. 👍 :)

Tunnel mode. Or the smell of horse shyte mode. :) . Press and hold it again and they all open to where they were.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll give both ways a try later 👍

Well I've been out and tried the recirculation button which works fine but no joy with the key :(
Does this sort of thing need to be fixed with coding

No, it will be a hardware fault, the door handles are renowned for letting in water and affecting the little pcb behind the IR window, which also tends to become obscured and scratched.
There's a couple of threads here somewhere on how to fix without buying new handles

if you look at the key fob through a mobile phone camera and press and hold unlock you should see the infra red working , if not its the fob, if its working then its the door handle /car at fault.

Brilliant, 'one for road' just did the mobile phone camera thing and key fobs work so its down to the door thing.
Not had car long so a bit reluctant to start pulling things apart
can this be done with something like a cotton bud?
Clean the pcb thing i mean

No but it's not difficult The most likely cause is a dry or corroded solder joint on the PCB. There are lots of videos on Youtube about how to do it and outlining which joint(s) to resolder. You have to take the door handle off, remove the PCB, resolder the joints and bingo. You may have a more corroded problem or something else, but this is the most likely cause. It's a delight in hot weather (not much of that around at the moment) and really useful if I have forgotten to close a window or the sunroof after locking up and turning the engine off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom