• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Happy Days - the run flats are no more!

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
When I bought my 2018 A205 last February, it came with those notorious OEM factory fitted rock-hard sidewall run flats. But now I can celebrate, the run flats are no more🙃 The rears finally ran out of mm so decided to replace all four with lovely standrd tyres.

imho the ride is noticeably different/better and very welcome. The car has sports suspension so the ride on any of the four available settings stays firm, but no more crash bang wallop, no more spine bashing ride, instead a firm and controllable set up.

Of course there is no room in the boot for a spare, but the improvements make the risk worthwhile.. I mIght even buy a can of useless foam tyre filler, just in case😉

More importantly swmbo appreciates the difference the non-run flats make. Happy Christmas all round🎅🏻

Sports suspension and run flats? Should have changed tyres the moment you realised your mistake, but got there in the end.

It’s a universal theme. People buy sports spec cars with large wheels and run flats and then fret for years about poor ride quality.

I have no problem with the 19" runflats on my C43, even in Sport+ mode with the suspension at it's hardest. I suppose it all depends on what you're used to. Yes you can feel it's stiff, but certainly no crashing.

Sports suspension and run flats? Should have changed tyres the moment you realised your mistake, but got there in the end.

It’s a universal theme. People buy sports spec cars with large wheels and run flats and then fret for years about poor ride quality.
Fair comment, but in the 8 months since purchase I chose instead to spend the funds on drink, parties and a holiday. Just too stingy you see😏

I have no problem with the 19" runflats on my C43, even in Sport+ mode with the suspension at it's hardest. I suppose it all depends on what you're used to. Yes you can feel it's stiff, but certainly no crashing.
I think the absence of a structural roof on the car added to the run flats meant that suspension crashing was a regular feature….

Fair comment, but in the 8 months since purchase I chose instead to spend the funds on drink, parties and a holiday. Just too stingy you see😏
A motoring enthusiast to my own heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom