Having no luck whatsoever!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Liono

Car
E350 Coupe
So this happened this morning! Totally my fault no one else involved just a concrete pillar.

Anyway I'm going through the insurance route, I'm with Hastings and they have assigned Auxillis to deal with the repair/courtesy car etc. Now my question is they have looked through their approved approvers and want me to go through Alton Cars in York, but after reading a few reviews I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from them (poor customer service bad reviews and the fact my courtesy car is going to be a Micra or some shit).

Anyone got any good recommendations who do insurance work in the North East/Yorkshire?
c31df172e4a93b1e46b831308e9dd3f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You have my sympathy- I did something similiar last year. It looks as if you only need a new bumper, so any half decent bodyshop should be able to carry out the repair.

Cant you request the repairs to be carried out at MB? Also it may be cheaper to pay out of your pocket as a fault claim will drive up your premiums for the next 5 years.

Cant you request the repairs to be carried out at MB? Also it may be cheaper to pay out of your pocket as a fault claim will drive up your premiums for the next 5 years.
I'm going to ring MB Teeside tomorrow and see what they say, hopefully can do it through them. I think my no claims are protected but not sure.

I'm going to ring MB Teeside tomorrow and see what they say, hopefully can do it through them. I think my no claims are protected but not sure.

It doesnt look like a big job to repair, an independent bodyshop could probably do it relatively cheaply. Worth considering.

I've done contract work for MB teesside bodyshop before, and have had a few small jobs done there, top notch all the way. used to be an independent bodyshop called edmond and milburn, always been well respected in our area. not sure what car they might lend you though, they have allsorts.
there's a specsavers nearby in boro town, should be able to sort you out with something to help spot concrete pillars next time lol

also, if going independent repairer on this, if the headlamp is xenon and it has any damage (more than likely), it would cost more than £500 on its own before anything else from my experience

I've done contract work for MB teesside bodyshop before, and have had a few small jobs done there, top notch all the way. used to be an independent bodyshop called edmond and milburn, always been well respected in our area. not sure what car they might lend you though, they have allsorts.
there's a specsavers nearby in boro town, should be able to sort you out with something to help spot concrete pillars next time lol
Ha ha I am actually blind in my left eye......which is where the pillar was lol

also, if going independent repairer on this, if the headlamp is xenon and it has any damage (more than likely), it would cost more than £500 on its own before anything else from my experience
Yeah it definitely needs a new bulb, I think it was actually on its way out anyway, the light had gone slightly yellow

I would try pride n joy at Cannon Park, they did the body conversion on my ML. A little closer for you is Darlington Autospray, they are going to carry out the restoration work on my project C43. They also carry out insurance work.

I would try pride n joy at Cannon Park, they did the body conversion on my ML. A little closer for you is Darlington Autospray, they are going to carry out the restoration work on my project C43. They also carry out insurance work.
Thanks for the advice, Darlo would be ideal.

No probs. I looked for some time for the 'right' company to take on my project. It's going in on the 3rd of nx month for them to make a start on it. They are keen MB enthusiasts and are members of the 'official' club.
Autospray (Darlington)

Ha ha I am actually blind in my left eye......which is where the pillar was lol

Is that just a shadow on the front wing, or is there a kink? If it is a kink, it will need a wing as well as a bumper!

Looks like a shadow to me

Yeah it is just a shadow, it's getting picked up on Tuesday and going to Alton Cars of York to be sorted.

Yeah it is just a shadow, it's getting picked up on Tuesday and going to Alton Cars of York to be sorted.

If you are unhappy with the repair, you just need to reject it and make them fix it till you are happy. Make sure you check it CAREFULLY as once you have signed it, you will find it difficult should it turn out on closer inspection that there are issues with the job. The body shop usually doesn't get paid till you are happy and have signed the job off.

Sorry to hear about the damage but glad nobody got injured!

If you are unhappy with the repair, you just need to reject it and make them fix it till you are happy. Make sure you check it CAREFULLY as once you have signed it, you will find it difficult should it turn out on closer inspection that there are issues with the job. The body shop usually doesn't get paid till you are happy and have signed the job off.

Sorry to hear about the damage but glad nobody got injured!

Oh yeah I'm going to be all over it with a magnifying glass!

Spot on,had the left hand light unit replaced a few months ago following a no fault accident,£500 plus £450 fitting cost.

If taking it to their non approved repairer, check the courtesy car status. Most policies only guarantee a car if you use their approved repairer unless you took an option when you took out the policy. Taking it elsewhere may mean you have to pay for a car (unless your chosen repairer gives you one and doesn't charge anything to the insurer for the privilege).

If taking it to their non approved repairer, check the courtesy car status. Most policies only guarantee a car if you use their approved repairer unless you took an option when you took out the policy. Taking it elsewhere may mean you have to pay for a car (unless your chosen repairer gives you one and doesn't charge anything to the insurer for the privilege).
Spoke to the the repairer yesterday her words were "oh, you'll get one of of our little cars" in other words something probably smaller than a Corsa with their livery all over it [emoji17]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom