Hello from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

killie7777

Car
B150
Hi
Have just bought a Mercedes B150 SE Petrol Auto
hoping to find some advice on servicing etc.
Thanks for allowing me to join
Ian
i

Thanks for the welcomes.
I bought the B150 from a private owner.I
its a 2007 B150 SE Petrol Auto.
i was looking for a small petrol auto,The car has done 44000 miles and appears to have full MB service up until about 2 years ago. Looking through the Service history it looks like the Gearbox fluid was changed at 23000 miles.
which would be about 5 years ago. I’m looking to get the Gearbox Fluid changed for peace of mind 😬
hopefully will have it done this week.
Drove it home last night, it’s no Ball of Fire. But it’s only for using locally. Be lucky if I do 40 miles a week.
Am I right in thinking it doesn’t have a Turbo ?
anyway thanks again for the Welcome
Regards
Ian

Am I right in thinking it doesn’t have a Turbo ?
Correct..... it should be an M266 NA 4 pot
Power93 bhp
Top Speed104 mph
0-60 mph13.7 secs

Thanks
one less thing to go wrong 😂
I’ve been trying to set my Phone up to use Bluetooth The controls are on the Dash and on the steering wheel. If it’s not working does this mean their is no BT module installed ?
Thanks
Ian

Hi
Im thinking of having the Auto Gearbox drained and refilled, had a quote this morning. This was for the Oil Filter and Gasket. £380 vat inclusive. Does this seem a reasonable price. I’m in Glasgow.

Hi
Im thinking of having the Auto Gearbox drained and refilled, had a quote this morning. This was for the Oil Filter and Gasket. £380 vat inclusive. Does this seem a reasonable price. I’m in Glasgow.
Please don’t take offence but is it worth it on a car of that age? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it?

If you reckon it’s necessary, I’ve used these guys in the past

You’re right about the Age. It’s only done 44000 miles
majority of the servicing by MB. I’d like to keep it a while as it’s in great condition body and interior are immaculate.
ive just had a quote from the Prestige motors in Ibrox.
all in £235. I think I could just about afford that 😬
ill let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Ian

You’re right about the Age. It’s only done 44000 miles
majority of the servicing by MB. I’d like to keep it a while as it’s in great condition body and interior are immaculate.
ive just had a quote from the Prestige motors in Ibrox.
all in £235. I think I could just about afford that 😬
ill let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Ian
They can access and update the electronic service record if the car has one.

They can access and update the electronic service record if the car has one.
Thanks, that’s good to know.
I went over to Ibrox couple of years ago with another Mercedes they were very good. So I’m hoping to get this done and hopefully nothing else needs done 🫰

Thought I’d post an update on the Gearbox Fluid change. I’m over at Prestige at ibrox. I’ve been told I’ll need a new Gearbox Sump. When they were removing the Sump Plug, the area around the plug appears to have almost rotted away. Lucky the Sump plug didn’t fall out when I was Driving.
They will have the Part this afternoon. Hopefully that and the Flush should keep me going for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom