Hello. New member looking for advice on suitable 'older' model in Cyprus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mmish

Car
Citroen
Greetings.

I spend several months a year in Cyprus and am tired of the cost of hiring indifferent cars. I have been using a local friends car but it has now gone to scrap. So I want to find a vehicle suitable for my bulk, and can be reliable, but at a low price. I am not concerned so much at fuel consumption, appearance or maybe a tatty interior. Its only for us to go to the shops or maybe some of the ancient sites. But it must look above suspicion for when I travel across the green line and not get pulled-in by the Turkish Cypriot border police! Mercs last a long time and don't rust much in the local climate, so it seems the way to go. So what model/age do you all recommend please? The higher off the ground the better to allow entry/exit for my creaking back and old stiff joints! TIA.
m

Vito / Viano you climb up into, and attention hungry.
ML easy access, 163's less reliable I've heard, 164's better.
E Class 211 can be excellent value if 2006 onward, but you lower yourself in some.
The 211 with the 646 engine (2.1) would be my choice for more likely reliability. But over there it has likely been a taxi so may have raced the spaceships to the moon now and again.

Automatic Petrol W202 C Class with working AC & ideally without a PMS ignition system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom