Help identifying pipe please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikrt

Car
2013 C220 CDI BlueEFFICIENCY AMG Sport Plus 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr
I've recently resurfaced my drive, and have now noticed oil dripping on to it. I've no idea how long it's been dripping, but only recently noticed.

Car is a 2013 C220 cdi OM651 engine and 7G 722.9 plus transmission.

Apart from the drip, there are no other issues.

Can anybody please help identify the pipe where I'm convinced the oil is dripping from, and have any idea why and how to cure it?

Photos are taken from underneath - looking up under the left hand side. It is the open ended rubber one arrowed.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot1_20220720-194817_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot1_20220720-194817_Gallery.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot2_20220720-194736_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot2_20220720-194736_Gallery.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot3_20220720-194817_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot3_20220720-194817_Gallery.jpg
    364.3 KB · Views: 33
I've recently resurfaced my drive, and have now noticed oil dripping on to it. I've no idea how long it's been dripping, but only recently noticed.

Car is a 2013 C220 cdi OM651 engine and 7G 722.9 plus transmission.

Apart from the drip, there are no other issues.

Can anybody please help identify the pipe where I'm convinced the oil is dripping from, and have any idea why and how to cure it?

Photos are taken from underneath - looking up under the left hand side. It is the open ended rubber one arrowed.

Thanks.
That's your overflow pipe for the injector gulley, either the oil was spilt when being topped up or a more common issue is cam cover gasket leaking

That's your overflow pipe for the injector gulley, either the oil was spilt when being topped up or a more common issue is cam cover gasket leaking
Ah that makes sense thank you.
There is oil pooling around the injectors. Is that the 1st sign of black-death? And is the cure new injector seals?

Ah that makes sense thank you.
There is oil pooling around the injectors. Is that the 1st sign of black-death? And is the cure new injector seals?
Unless it's chuffing combustion gases it's more than likely cam cover gasket. When doing the gasket, you'll need new injector bolts and seals

Ok, thanks again.

There has been fumes now you mention it. I've been checking for exhaust leaks for the last 6 months and found nothing. I'll get it checked out 👍

Ok, thanks again.

There has been fumes now you mention it. I've been checking for exhaust leaks for the last 6 months and found nothing. I'll get it checked out 👍
Fumes coming through the interior vents? Try spraying soapy water around injectors and see if there are any bubbles, that would indicate blowing seals

Fumes coming through the interior vents? Try spraying soapy water around injectors and see if there are any bubbles, that would indicate blowing seals
Thanks. Will do 👌

So I've been trying to determine whether the oil leak is injector seals or rocket cover seal but can't confirm which it is.

There's no carbonisation, it's all liquid, there's a little whiff when driving with the window open. After mopping up from the gulley oil is back on a few days.

As I believe the injectors have to come out to change the rocker cover seal, I think I've convinced myself to get both changed.

Could somebody please confirm if it's advisable to fit Honda injector seals, and if so could you please supply a part number, or should I stick with Merc' or whatever they supply.

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom