• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

HOW TO: Fix Seized Adjustable Steering Column - By HITTING IT!

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Check my latest video - especially useful for R231 SL Owners:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video editing is superb. I don’t think people appreciate just how much effort it is to get the quality this good! Well done. 👍

Just to add, reading about this in the past it was mentioned that some people reported that they had the problem if they used the wheel to hold on to while getting out of the car. I assume the extra weight on the wheel whilst getting it caused it to jam?

Like you Karl, when the up/down adjustment stopped working on Angie's SLK55 I googled and found the advice to hit the steering wheel while operating the adjustment switch - which resolved the issue.

What I didn't know is that there's actually a TIPS document describing the "official" procedure!

Video editing is superb. I don’t think people appreciate just how much effort it is to get the quality this good! Well done. 👍

Thanks alot 👍

My trouble these days is finding a subject to actually make a video on each month. I'm looking at buying a project car to do up on the channel at the moment.

The stupid thumbnails are a must these days, apparently you have to have a person pulling a stupid face etc for the algorithm 🤦‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom