HOW TO: Modifying The Default Rear Wiper Position (G Wagen)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
I have created this HOWTO video on my channel as a guide to changing/resetting the default rear wiper position. Hope this is of use to someone
1f642.png

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just some clarification as to what this is about:

ZOjv2jN.jpg

Older members who have owned Mk1/2 Golfs may have done somthing similar, many many moons ago :D

Good, easy little mod, I've done that on a few cars I've had, simple to do and looks so much better. :) 👍

simple mod worth doing. Nice wagon Karl.

Last edited:
Definitely looks better in the modified position but is the original position as factory set? These Germans would have considered the original parked position for a reason. Maybe to deflect water drips away from the line of sight? To allow a bit of room for movement as the system becomes worn, so it doesn't hit the screen rubber?

Don’t have a G Wagon and will probably never buy one but I still watched and liked the video 😁

Something wrong with that video KillerHERTZ
Every time I remove a wiper arm from a Merc, it needs an over night soak on the spline with penetrant fluid, and almighty going at with a wiper arm puller, and invariable snapping the spline which is corroded into the wiper arm itself, thereby requiring the fitting of a new wiper mechanism and new wiper arm.

Glad to see this looked trouble free.

Definitely looks better in the modified position but is the original position as factory set? These Germans would have considered the original parked position for a reason. Maybe to deflect water drips away from the line of sight? To allow a bit of room for movement as the system becomes worn, so it doesn't hit the screen rubber?
Sorry Karl but this was a serious question (not a snide remark on your modification)

Hey,

It seems to be completely hit and miss - maybe depends on the production line - who installs that actual partt

Press shot of G55:
1648399683195.png

G63 AMG - Virtually at the top
1648399773588.png

Random, certainly looks better horizontal, more 'cared for', if that makes sense ...

looks easy and useful thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom