Hybrid starter problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oystercatcher

Car
Mercedes C350e estate
C350e starter replacement.
I have an 2018 C350e with 24,000 miles and have had malfunction light on, when this goes on the car can only be driven in engine mode, I have brought it to a MB dealer who informs me that total cost including diagnostic's will be in excess of £700
I have contacted MB customer care 5 days ago where they informed me that they would revert to me.
The car is literally out of guarantee and is my 11th Mercedes in 30 years.
I await the outcome hoping that my loyalty to them will be reciprocated to me.
I see that one or 2 others have had similar problems and was wondering what their final outcome was

Are you saying MB suggest the starter needs replacing?
Or the starter has been replaced and now you're getting the error light?

Are you saying MB suggest the starter needs replacing?
Or the starter has been replaced and now you're getting the error light?
MB are saying starter needs replacing, but I see on some other threads that after replacing the problem reoccurs

Can you reference those threads?

The car has the M274 engine. If the car "can only be driven in engine mode", then the starter motor is fine? If the fault prevents the car from being driven on battery, then it's likely to be an electronics fault.

If you're looking for a goodwill contribution from MB, you'll need to let the dealer run STAR diagnostics (for which you'll have to pay), then once you have a diagnosis and a quote, ask the dealer to check with MB if they will make a goodwill contribution.

We have done a couple of these starter motors on hybrids. The Star is no help at all in this situation. It shows no issues at all. We had to tae a chance it was a faulty starter and we were correct.
One we couldn't get to the bottom of, the dealer diagnosed it after weeks of looking at it. Charged £1500 diagnosis cost plus the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom