• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

IBM Thinkpad T23 or T30 wanted

IanT

Car
W210 320CDI
Knowing there are a few folks here that work in IT, and that laptops seem to last in corporate fleets for maybe 3-4 years before ending up in the PC graveyard, has anyone got one of these for sale?

I'm after either a T30 (preferred) or a T23 laptop, preferably in serviceable condition, but I'll take a promising bag of bits and buy replacement parts if cheap enough.

WHY?

Otherwise it'll be an eBay job. ;)

Cheers,

Ian.

ive got some... give me a call tomorrow?

I have one that works perfect apart from serial port doesnt work i think as my star machine wouldnt work from it.
I also have one for spares.

Hi Jay,

That would be great, but that's exactly what I want to do with it... ;)

Regards,

Ian.

you are hoping to load mercedes das onto a worn out piece of plastic [t30/23 ibm
why bother i can load it on a panasonic toughbook latest version 11/09 with xentry up and running 07507153302 phillip

you are hoping to load mercedes das onto a worn out piece of plastic [t30/23 ibm
why bother i can load it on a panasonic toughbook latest version 11/09 with xentry up and running 07507153302 phillip

Bet you never thought of that Ian ;)

We have two stars on T30's and they work just fine.. its not like we want to use it for anything else.. replacements are cheap too.

ive got some... give me a call tomorrow?

I have one that works perfect apart from serial port doesnt work i think as my star machine wouldnt work from it.
I also have one for spares.

try dropping the port speed, the default speed can often give errors. On one of my laptops with Star I have it set to 14400, any higher and I get a communication error.

Hi

I would be interested in a Thinkpad too,for the same reasons as the OP

Thanks,

they pop up on ebay... I bought my original one at £130 delivered with a 6 month warranty.

I needed one recently and the cheapest I found was £200.

They're probably dearer around now because it's near Xmas. They also generally go for more towards the start of University terms.

I have an X21 and X40 and both are great with spares in abundance for the very few occasions when something's needed. I even got a couple of T twentysomethings for my daughters.

I managed to recover the supervisor password on my T30 yesterday. The T23 is available from any sensible offer but no power supply included as I only got one. PM if you are interested.

It for anyone who got a STAR to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom