• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Icarsoft! Do they work

RedGull

Car
C250
as above guys, do the do a regen etc, do they work, anybody used them to good affect?as thinking of buying one, no reason but just in case.

Only used mine to sort out an srs light and it worked a dream. Can’t comment on other uses!

Well it seems if you are buying a new one from the official sellers,then the iCarsoft2 has the latest update that a member on here just last week got his car to regen using the iCarsoft,it seems that if you have a older one you need to update the software from their web site.

There don’t seem to be many owners of these on here!!

There don’t seem to be many owners of these on here!!

There are many owners (I am one) here BUT not all have Diesel cars, and of those who do, some will have pre-DPF cars....

As above. Be sure to buy one from a "certified" dealer only. Now how do you tell it's a certified dealer> Who knows?

From personal experience:

I bought an iCarsoft from ebay (hold on here and finish the story) The seller had 100% positive feedback and 1000's of it + he claimed that it was genuine certified unit.

It was a good (not crazy) price and the seller agreed to refund my money if I was not happy.

It arrived, I used it for a job to clear an error and it worked for that job. It looked the part, came with CD and instructions in a nice pouch.

A few months later I went to use it again. It refused to work on the error that it said it would work on. Then I could not upgrade it from the web site. No errors just no upgrade working.

I called iCarsoft who dialed into the unit but could NOT tell me if it was a genuine unit or not? WTF?? three days of them messing about later, still no joy. I gave up. I still have the unit and am still none the wiser. Worse still iCarsoft were just not interested in fixing or proving their kit. I would not deal with them again unless desperate. ebay refused to refund my dosh as during iCarsofts fettling time we went over ebays money back time.

Last edited:
I've had mixed experience with my iCarsoft LR V2 (for my Jaguar). It does cover a lot of Jag specific codes and allows the reading of lots of 'live' data which is useful. It can provide a readout of the percentage level of soot in the DPF and the mileage since last regeneration. I've never had a DPF warning or any associated issue, but apparently it will allow you to force a DPF regeneration if required.

Some of the more advanced functions like setting the SAS aren't there, but I'd probably want an Indy / dealer to do that sort of job anyway.

It does not give anything like the level of control that dealer level software does, so in the case of the MB version, it's certainly no replacement for STAR. It will provide you with quite a lot of information, but as ever, the skill comes in interpreting what that error message really means.

You can buy the same toolkit as the chief mechanic, but that won't turn you into the chief mechanic....

As above. Be sure to buy one from a "certified" dealer only. Now how do you tell it's a certified dealer> Who knows?

From personal experience:

I bought an iCarsoft from ebay (hold on here and finish the story) The seller had 100% positive feedback and 1000's of it + he claimed that it was genuine certified unit.

It was a good (not crazy) price and the seller agreed to refund my money if I was not happy.

It arrived, I used it for a job to clear an error and it worked for that job. It looked the part, came with CD and instructions in a nice pouch.

A few months later I went to use it again. It refused to work on the error that it said it would work on. Then I could not upgrade it from the web site. No errors just no upgrade working.

I called iCarsoft who dialed into the unit but could NOT tell me if it was a genuine unit or not? WTF?? three days of them messing about later, still no joy. I gave up. I still have the unit and am still none the wiser. Worse still iCarsoft were just not interested in fixing or proving their kit. I would not deal with them again unless desperate. ebay refused to refund my dosh as during iCarsofts fettling time we went over ebays money back time.
I bought this unit:

ICARSOFT MB V2.0 MERCEDES OBD2 MULTI SYSTEM DIAGNOSTIC FAULT CODE SCANNER TOOL | eBay

Seems genuine enough, and I have since updated it twice with no issues. In case it helps anyone.

Ok are these good for the c class 204??

I purchased my V2 from here, official seller. Quick update on the icarsoft website and good to go. Fantastic reader

I don’t have a diesel so I can’t comment on regens, but without forking out for STAR this little beauty is the next best thing at a good price

iCarsoft MB V2.0 - Mercedes Diagnostic Scan Tool: iCarsoft UK Outlet

As I posted earlier,these iCarsoft units are about the best on the market for sorting faults on our Mercedes,I have no knowledge of the multi car makes they have,as I said before if you are buying new from a official seller,they seem to come with the ability to force a regen,and if you have a older official one i.e. not a clone then you can update the software online to include the regen ability.
Bruce was very unlucky to get turned over like that,normally you buy from a big seller then things are normally ok.
These units are in no way a Star diagnostic tool,they are in my opinion essential kit for keeping your car running without taking it into a indy or main dealer to get codes read,that alone costs at least £40,also armed with the codes posted on here somebody will know what to do about the fault you have.

I have an mb 2, it has correctly diagnosed s fuel temp sensor.

Can you use a icarsoftmb to reset the fuel adaptations as my car runs alot better after one (for a few weeks anyway) ????????

Might as well go CR Pro .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom