• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

I'm Ste and this is my E

Sidewaysste

Car
W211 E320CDI
I've already got some helpful advice so I thought I should say hello properly.

I'm Ste and this is the W211 E320CDI I've recently bought. I've never owned a Merc before - the steering feel of my Dad's old C250 years ago put me off. However, I must say I'm really impressed with the engineering of mine. For a 14 year old car that's been sat for the last three, there are remarkably few rusted bolts and it's very easy to work on!

It had a few faults -

Abs inop
Esp inop
Red battery light on central display
Airmatic inop
Comand inop
N/S Headlight inop
Boost Pressure actuator faulty..

I'm getting through them steadily, just the stereo to sort now.

If anybody has any hints, tips or information that they think would be helpful, I'd be glad to hear them!

Thank you for saving it, the w211 is a timeless design. I’m sure she will serve you for many years to come once done :)

Do you have any diagnostic equipment?

Yeah, I've got a Mac Mentor Touch, so it's pretty powerful, There are a couple of things Star would be better at though.

Something I've noticed - my taillights seem different from other E's in that mine have one clear indicator bit whereas others have two separated by a red bar, how come?

Something I've noticed - my taillights seem different from other E's in that mine have one clear indicator bit whereas others have two separated by a red bar, how come?

You have the facelift clusters fitted. :)

The ones you describe other E’s having are pre-facelift clusters.

Looks like your car has had them fitted by the p/o as it isn’t a facelift car :)

Ah that's fortunate then as I prefer these lights :)

I'm stunned at how much car you get for so little money - it feels modern, powerful and comfortable. I guess I'll find out how thirsty that big lump up front is...

Ah that's fortunate then as I prefer these lights :)

I'm stunned at how much car you get for so little money - it feels modern, powerful and comfortable. I guess I'll find out how thirsty that big lump up front is...
the om648 is excellent on fuel, I often see 50mpg+ on the motorway

What are the differences with the facelifted version?

larger grill, different front bumper, larger chrome strip on the boot, different rear lights. slight variance in headlights. Not very major changes.

Yet somehow, the facelift looks much better than the pre-facelift, to me at least.

Yet somehow, the facelift looks much better than the pre-facelift, to me at least.

Fair enough. I did consider fitting the FL front end to mine. Havnt got round to it yet.

Ah, I see. That's because I was working on the air suspension and had pumped the front up high.

Looks a good spec. The airmatic is a great system, wish I had it!

How many miles has she done? Have you got the new turbo actuator yet?

Nice car, always enjoyed my 2008 E320cdi, am sure yours will be a great drive once everything is sorted, especially with air suspension

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom