Intake/exhaust camshaft position sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geordie!

Car
C204 AMG Sport
Guys I require some urgent help please ?

I have C204 2012 AMG Sport Diesel. This morning it through up some TDC's and now will not start. The codes were for intake & exhaust camshaft position sensors showing an electrical fault & voltage being outside the permissible range. My question is. Can both sensors be faulty at the same time ? Or Is it possible I have a power issue to both sensors ? i.e. fuse or something.

I would appreciate some advise on how to solve this issue please?

Thanks in advance. Just seams strange for both sensors to go at the same time.

I'm fairly sure there's only 1 .

Do you have an om642 engine? Pretty sure I changed this on mine, it was very easy to diy

Guys I require some urgent help please ?

I have C204 2012 AMG Sport Diesel. This morning it through up some TDC's and now will not start. The codes were for intake & exhaust camshaft position sensors showing an electrical fault & voltage being outside the permissible range. My question is. Can both sensors be faulty at the same time ? Or Is it possible I have a power issue to both sensors ? i.e. fuse or something.

I would appreciate some advise on how to solve this issue please?

Thanks in advance. Just seams strange for both sensors to go at the same time.
Car still spouse to start m8 evn with sensor faults ,did both cams spinning when You crank it engine? You can also try squeze a bit of easy start in intake system to see so that start the engine to exclude timing chain failure

Sorry, I just checked and it was the camshaft hall sensor that I changed... not sure if it's the same thing

Sorry, I just checked and it was the camshaft hall sensor that I changed... not sure if it's the same thing

Om651 marra. Should still be only 1 mind. Yes the om642 was easy to swap out.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I changed the hall sensor and up she fired with no issues. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom