• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Interpretations please

UrbanM

Car
C220d AMG LINE Premium Plus
So I’m thinking of getting a C43 (quantum leap as I’m over 60 years old).

Contacted a main dealer (not Mercedes) that is selling one. Not getting very far. See email extract below.

Interpretations welcome.

I asked if the car had an AMG Performance exhaust.

I appreciate that buying a car is a big decision and it is important to make the right choice. Whether you are at the beginning of your journey or you have spent hours researching your purchase, I am available to assist you with your enquiry.

Yes it does come with the sports exhaust and sounds lovely around 6-7k rpm

Do you have any other questions you’d like my help with at this stage?

Thank you for coming back to me. I’m still not convinced by your reply.

A sports exhaust and the AMG Performance exhaust are two different things. It’s an optional extra and would therefore have been described as an optional extra in your advert but isn’t mentioned.

Could you double check please or send me the VIN so I can do the check?

3. After running a HPI check on the car, it doesn't have the sports exhaust. Just the AMG Performance exhaust kit

What the heck?

So I’m thinking of getting a C43 (quantum leap as I’m over 60 years old).

Contacted a main dealer (not Mercedes) that is selling one. Not getting very far. See email extract below.

Interpretations welcome.

I asked if the car had an AMG Performance exhaust.

To be fair I wouldn't expect a none MB dealer to know the difference. If it's important to you ask the dealer to supply the vin and go on one of the vin checkers which will show the precise spec.

To be fair I wouldn't expect a none MB dealer to know the difference. If it's important to you ask the dealer to supply the vin and go on one of the vin checkers which will show the precise spec.
I did ask for the vin but instead of giving it to me. He did an hpi check.

Hello
I'm not sure what the difference is other than it being loud but looks like you do - could ask them to send you a video

In fairness to dealers people like this - they are trying to sell and are pushed for time and I'm not sure what criteria they use but if they feel a slae is not close they may not spend as much time on you

If you like the look, colour and history of the car, as mentioned above "go and look at it"

Good luck

Hello
I'm not sure what the difference is other than it being loud but looks like you do - could ask them to send you a video

In fairness to dealers people like this - they are trying to sell and are pushed for time and I'm not sure what criteria they use but if they feel a slae is not close they may not spend as much time on you

If you like the look, colour and history of the car, as mentioned above "go and look at it"

Good luck
True. And since it’s Christmas they probably just want their holidays to start.

As for going to look at it. It’s not exactly round the corner. When younger I have bought cars from a couple of hundred miles away. But can’t do that these days. And traffic is manic right now.

Thanks

True. And since it’s Christmas they probably just want their holidays to start.

As for going to look at it. It’s not exactly round the corner. When younger I have bought cars from a couple of hundred miles away. But can’t do that these days. And traffic is manic right now.

Thanks
Where is the car? There may be a local, benevolent member who is willing to go and look at the car on your behalf. It's been done before.

Say you want the VIN so you can do your own checks and make sure the vehicle check you do is in your name and so that if you need to claim on the VIN check guarantee, you can.

Maybe avoid the term HPI as I don't know if a dealer can transfer that guarantee to you.

Or put the location up on here and someone might go an look at the car and get you the VIN number off the windscreen.

Do you know what the difference in sound is in the real world between a standard exhaust. sports exhaust and AMG performance exhaust in a variety of driving conditions? If not then how will you use the answer to the question?

Unless you read that a strange on the Internet thought that one of the three sounded best. If it’s not worth travelling because of the answer to your question, or because traffic is manic, then it’s almost certainly not the right car for you.

I do know the difference thank you very much.
What are the defining characteristics of each, and is it the deal breaker?

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom