• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

K-Jetronic fuel pressure tester

shabazmo

Car
Mercedes W123 280CE
I need to purchase a K-Jetronic pressure tester. There are quite a lot of fuel pressure testers around, but not sure which one to buy.

Can anyone point to the best type to purchase and where to buy it.
Thanks

The Sealy kit is good but interpretation of the pressures you will see is vital.
KMI in London are the guys to test your K-Jet system. They are really really good.

Thank you BlackC55. I have today contacted KMI and found them extremely helpful in the nicest possible way. I will certainly be using them if I can fox the problem myself.

Thanks Optimusprime. I have trouble starting the engine when hot and when cold. This happens only after I switch the engine off for at least 20 minutes. Otherwise it will start very quickly. I think I am loosing pressure in the fuel system but to prove this I need to attach a pressure tester to the fuel line.

So time to invest in a fuel pressure tester but which one should I choose.

Sounds like a weak accumulator to me, but total guess from this range. I’m in Billingshurst and have a test kit I’d lend if you left a deposit

I had the same problem with my 1989 Audi 90 - actually KE-Jetronic, but similar in design. By following the test Bosch test instructions, I was able to bypass the various cut-off features & run the injectors into 5 clear plastic bottles to check the spray pattern, then dry each injector, place brown paper underneath & check for leakage with the metering plate in the closed position. This showed that some of the injectors were leaking petrol & emptying the accumulator over a period of a few minutes.
The other failure were the 'O' rings that seal the injectors into the head. Cheap to replace, but a real swine to do.
In 250k miles I had to replace the injectors & seals twice.
Ian.

Reactions: 190
Thanks Optimusprime. I have trouble starting the engine when hot and when cold. This happens only after I switch the engine off for at least 20 minutes. Otherwise it will start very quickly. I think I am loosing pressure in the fuel system but to prove this I need to attach a pressure tester to the fuel line.

So time to invest in a fuel pressure tester but which one should I choose.
SOUNDS LIKE THE DIAPHRAGM ON THE ACCUMULATOR [ PART OF THE FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY AT THE REAR] HAS FAILED.

Reactions: 190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom