• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Kompressor life?

johncherokee

Car
CLC200k
I’ve had a look at relevant threads, but still don’t know. My purchase of a CLK200 fell through once I had seen the latest MOT. I am now looking at a 2008 CLS200 with 157k on the clock, with full MB service history. The car appears to be in beautiful condition, and has no advisories on the MOT. As I only do about 1500 miles a year, can I expect the Kompressor to work ok for a few more years?

I’ve had a look at relevant threads, but still don’t know. My purchase of a CLK200 fell through once I had seen the latest MOT. I am now looking at a 2008 CLS200 with 157k on the clock, with full MB service history. The car appears to be in beautiful condition, and has no advisories on the MOT. As I only do about 1500 miles a year, can I expect the Kompressor to work ok for a few more years?
It’s possible, but very rare that a supercharger fail, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Focus on the usual mechanical things and corrosion (bodywork and subframe).

It’s possible, but very rare that a supercharger fail, so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Focus on the usual mechanical things and corrosion (bodywork and subframe).
Thank you for that. Whenever I look at a car to buy I check the MOT history way back, and I have found quite a few cars with rust to subframes, so when I looked at this one, there is no rust in its history, so the supercharger was my main concern.

Thank you for that. Whenever I look at a car to buy I check the MOT history way back, and I have found quite a few cars with rust to subframes, so when I looked at this one, there is no rust in its history, so the supercharger was my main concern.
The supercharger will last longer if the oil is changed in it . It’s an ok diy job , I’ve changed mine 3 times in its 100k life .
Cost maybe £20-25 ? For the oil

If that is the M271 engine I wouldn’t touch it at that mileage unless the cam chain and gears has been changed (with proof)

The supercharger will last longer if the oil is changed in it . It’s an ok diy job , I’ve changed mine 3 times in its 100k life .
Cost maybe £20-25 ? For the oil
Hi W1ghty
Is there a good write-up for the oil-change for the supercharger ?
Type of oil - source - any filters - How-to - etc. ??
I've no reason to suspect any problems, but I can't believe it's ever been changed.
This car had been pretty-shabbily maintained before I bought it.
I could write a book about the things I needed to sort on it.

Hi W1ghty
Is there a good write-up for the oil-change for the supercharger ?
Type of oil - source - any filters - How-to - etc. ??
I've no reason to suspect any problems, but I can't believe it's ever been changed.
This car had been pretty-shabbily maintained before I bought it.
I could write a book about the things I needed to sort on it.
I used YouTube for some of my initial research.
This thread covers some of the other info

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that is the M271 engine I wouldn’t touch it at that mileage unless the cam chain and gears has been changed (with proof)
It would be nice to know before I buy, but Mercedes won’t give me details of any services until I have the V5 in my hand and can prove I own the car. I’ll just have to wait until I get the car and keep all my digits crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom