Last VIN / Car Check

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RidleyRumpus

Car
E280
Just been to see a car, an E220 S212 2012 and I am a bit confused.

Prior to going to see it I checked the VIN on Last VIN and I also paid for and downloaded a report from car check.

Both show the car as having

A20 Direct Start
B03DIRECT START / ECO START/STOP FUNCTION
230PARKING GUIDANCE

The VIN is WDD2122022A603072

But I couldn't find any of those on this car, unless they were hiding very well. Shouldn't there be a start stop button for direct and or start stop? If so where?

So how accurate are the likes of "LAST IN.com" etc?

Or could this be a different car than its supposed to be 😳?

(admittedly the parking guidance could have been because I didn't know how to use it)

The start, stop will have a button to turn it off, usually around the gearshift. There will be a yellow or green “A” within a circle symbol
The parking guidance will be the “P” in a blue box that appears on the screen, when driving below 20mph.

The start, stop will have a button to turn it off, usually around the gearshift. There will be a yellow or green “A” within a circle symbol
The parking guidance will be the “P” in a blue box that appears on the screen, when driving below 20mph.

On this the gear select is on a stalk and I couldn't see any buttons, but maybe I am just blind. Though the owner didn't think it had it either..

Eco Start/Stop means the engine stops when the car stops in traffic. Whilst there’s a button somewhere to disable it, it’s not something you have to consciously use, it just does it’s thing seemlessly.

It’s not the same as Keyless Go which has a more prominent start/stop button, because you have to push that button every time you switch on/off the ignition. I have known people go get the two mixed up.

Parking guidance would only activate when the conditions allow, ie below 20 mph (ish) and driving past a space big enough to park the car in. When activated there’s a blue/white P icon on the cluster. It’s completely seamless and unused by most people most of the time.

Eco Start/Stop means the engine stops when the car stops in traffic. Whilst there’s a button somewhere to disable it, it’s not something you have to consciously use, it just does it’s thing seemlessly.

It’s not the same as Keyless Go which has a more prominent start/stop button, because you have to push that button every time you switch on/off the ignition. I have known people go get the two mixed up.

Parking guidance would only activate when the conditions allow, ie below 20 mph (ish) and driving past a space big enough to park the car in. When activated there’s a blue/white P icon on the cluster. It’s completely seamless and unused by most people most of the time.

So looking at the website with that vin does this car have it?

Isnt keyless go, direct start?

Look for a button with A or eco on it for stop start .

Is the ign hole for a key or does it have a stop start button. If no button, buy one off eBay or I can sell you one for £10.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231003-045010-644.png
    Screenshot_20231003-045010-644.png
    205.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20231003-045046-738.png
    Screenshot_20231003-045046-738.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231003-045137-585.png
    Screenshot_20231003-045137-585.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20231003-045119-782.png
    Screenshot_20231003-045119-782.png
    338.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Look for a button with A or eco on it for stop start .

Is the ign hole for a key or does it have a stop start button. If no button, buy one off eBay or I can sell you one for £10.

I put the key into the ign and turned to start the car, there was the eco button as in your pic buy could not see anything with the A symbol or start stop written on it.

You said the car does have those features when you checked using that website, but doesn’t in reality. The only way of being sure whether the car has it it is to check the physical car.

If you want to be sure, then read the posts and look at the photos posted in this thread and view the car again, looking for the ECO or A button, and the blue P 🅿️ symbol when driving slowly past a space.

I would be surprised if the car doesn’t have these features, especially if the VIN suggests it does. However even if not, both features are inconsequential to the way you’ll use the car.

Eco stop/start means that the car stops and starts itself when you come to a temporary stop whilst travelling, eg in traffic. You just still start and stop the engine at the beginning and end of your journey.

Keyless Go has a push button to start and stop the car at the beginning and end of your journey, instead of turning the key in the traditional way. The key must be inside the car for Keyless Go to work though.

Both are different to starting and stopping the car using a key in the traditional way, but the two things are completely different to each other. Neither will change the way you actually use the car in practice.

I put the key into the ign and turned to start the car, there was the eco button as in your pic buy could not see anything with the A symbol or start stop written on it.
Lol. The eco button is for you to turn on or off stop start , purely for emissions controls in and around towns . Nothing to do with you starting the engine yourself . The A symbol will be on the dash board , green when available, yellow when it's charging the battery .

You need a silver button in the ign to be able to start the car without using the key.

Lol. The eco button is for you to turn on or off stop start , purely for emissions controls in and around towns . Nothing to do with you starting the engine yourself . The A symbol will be on the dash board , green when available, yellow when it's charging the battery .

You need a silver button in the ign to be able to start the car without using the key.

You said the car does have those features when you checked using that website, but doesn’t in reality. The only way of being sure whether the car has it it is to check the physical car.

If you want to be sure, then read the posts and look at the photos posted in this thread and view the car again, looking for the ECO or A button, and the blue P 🅿️ symbol when driving slowly past a space.

I would be surprised if the car doesn’t have these features, especially if the VIN suggests it does. However even if not, both features are inconsequential to the way you’ll use the car.

Eco stop/start means that the car stops and starts itself when you come to a temporary stop whilst travelling, eg in traffic. You just still start and stop the engine at the beginning and end of your journey.

Keyless Go has a push button to start and stop the car at the beginning and end of your journey, instead of turning the key in the traditional way. The key must be inside the car for Keyless Go to work though.

Both are different to starting and stopping the car using a key in the traditional way, but the two things are completely different to each other. Neither will change the way you actually use the car in practice.

I understand that it doesn't mean a lot but I am suprised that they are not there when vin says that they are.

Has anyone ever seen such a discrepancy before?

Seems odd.

Is it a private sale or dealer?
Linky to the advert?

I understand that it doesn't mean a lot but I am suprised that they are not there when vin says that they are.

Has anyone ever seen such a discrepancy before?

Seems odd.
No disrespect but I think it's you ,and they are there .

The start button is removable and some users including myself don't like using it , so take it out and use the key.

Please take a photo of the dash board lit up and relevant buttons .

Take a screenshot of the photos and attach screenshot files to this forum .

So you do have the eco button then . The A appears on the dashboard.

No disrespect but I think it's you ,and they are there .

The start button is removable and some users including myself don't like using it , so take it out and use the key.

Please take a photo of the dash board lit up and relevant buttons .

Take a screenshot of the photos and attach screenshot files to this forum .

Maybe that's it, so you can it take out the button and just use the key, so does the button just clip into the key socket or something?

I don't think I'd end up using it very much but my concern was that the car in front of me did not seem to match the details on the vin database which makes me a little worried about the provenance of the car...

But if its just a button that may explain a lot.

It would appear on the cluster wherever the engine warning lights are, probably in the digital screen within the cluster.

Maybe that's it, so you can it take out the button and just use the key, so does the button just clip into the key socket or something?

I don't think I'd end up using it very much but my concern was that the car in front of me did not seem to match the details on the vin database which makes me a little worried about the provenance of the car...

Unless the specification you’ve received from the VIN decider says that you have Keyless Go or Keyless Entry (and I don’t believe you’ve said that it does, you’ve only mentioned Eco Stop/Start in the context of the decoder) then there will not be a button to start or stop the engine at the beginning or end of the journey, just the key.

Yes option a20 is direct start . Key or button
B03 is stop start when in stop start traffic.

Yes option a20 is direct start . Key or button
B03 is stop start when in stop start traffic.
Maybe this would be easier if I have you the vin..

WDD2122022A603072

OK, think I understand now.

And keyless entry is 893? So this one does not appear to have that.

Maybe this would be easier if I have you the vin..

WDD2122022A603072

OK, think I understand now.

And keyless entry is 893? So this one does not appear to have that.

I got the vin from post one.

Keyless entry

Keyless go

Both allow button start option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom