LINGUATRONICS (EYE ROLL)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bexxx5531

Car
A CLASS 180 CDI
Hi, I only got my first ever MB on Friday, its a 64 plate A180 CDI.
I now understand that my car doesn't have linguatronics and after lots of googling I've drawn a blank.

I do drive quite a bit and I really need the function to make calls via voice dialling.

Can I just buy a refurb/breaking ECU? And if so please can anyone help me with the model number ...

And if not, does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? Any after market things I havent thought of?

Thanks ❤️

Linguatronic of this vintage isn’t actually much good - and very frustrating - if you’re used to digital assistants on your phone. Can’t you just say “Hey Siri” or “Hey Google” and let the phone do the voice processing?

Thanks for your reply @Bobby Dazzler i was kind of hoping i could buy the part and make it work.

I'm learning that nothing is that easy with MB 🙈😄

What about upgrading the stereo or will that not work either?

I also can't get the car to open or. Lose its windows with the remote, is that another extra?

Thanks for your help.

Forget Linguatronic - I have it on both my cars, spent hours in the S204 with NTG4 trying to "train" it to my voice per the instruction manual without success, now just use the buttons on the steering wheel and around the Comand unit!

I also can't get the car to open or. Lose its windows with the remote, is that another extra?

Thanks for your help.
If your refering to what I call "global opening" of the Windows with the remote then yes ,as I learnt to my dismay after I'd got my car

Thanks for your help.
Try holding the key a few inches from the drivers door handle, and point the end of the key towards the rear end of the handle, then press and hold unlock to open (and lock to close).

As mentioned, the voice controls pre MBUX are all pretty rubbish.

I seem to remember a 'hack' that if you press and hold the voice activation button on the steering wheel it'll then activate Siri which may help a little

I don’t understand. Why not just voice control using Siri on your iPhone?

For calls, navigation, Spotify and podcasts?

No manufacturer is better at this stuff than the Smartphone manufacturers

MB Linguatronic is famous for not being much use. I think I have it on my current car, but have never bothered to "train" it. Life is too short. Hands free Phone works fine without it.

If you do not have the global/convenience (or whatever it's called) function to open all of your windows and sunroof with the remote you can at least close them all at once by pressing and holding the A/C recirculation button.

If you do not have the global/convenience (or whatever it's called) function to open all of your windows and sunroof with the remote you can at least close them all at once by pressing and holding the A/C recirculation button.
There's a button in the 231 under the roof control lever that shuts all the windows, you can also do it on the key from outside the car, IIRC.

The windows and sunroof can only be opened/closed remotely if the car is equipped with the feature , not all are . But on most (or all) MB's with A/C holding the recirculating button will roll the windows up .

Linguatronic is very fussy regarding wording on my previous cars that had it for instance saying phone or telephone a person in your contacts did not work whereas as saying call the person did, as others have said it was very limited.

I have MBUX on my current car which is way better.

Using your smartphone is the best option and if connected to car pushing and holding the speech button down for a few seconds selects this option.

Robin

I never knew that!

I spent a fair bit of time and money getting the parts and retrofitting Liguatronic in my w211, I never used it as it was rubbish. as others have said use Siri or google assistant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom