Listening to Music via Aux

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C250Ride

Car
Mercedes C250 CDI
Ok my set up is as follows:
2010 Mercedes W204 with Comand 4.5 I believe (with the pop up screen).
I have in the glovebox access to plug for an aux cable. The one I have has the Mercedes connector at one end that plugs into a socket in the glovebox and a 3.5mm Jack at the other end.

Ok. If I plug the 3.5mm Jack directly into my phone and select aux via the audio settings in the command screen the sound is great- happy days.

Thing is I would like to use the bluetooth on my phone rather than have a hard wired cable to the phone

To that end I have a Tao tronics bluetooth adaptor with a 3.5mm Jack port. I plug the end of the Mercedes aux cable 3.5mm into the bluetooth adaptor, connect my phone via bluetooth setting to it and play some music from spotify app. You can here the music through the cars speakers but it sounds quiet and distant.

So you may think well it sounds great when plugged directly into phone so the issue must be with the Tao Tronics bluetooth adapter? Well maybe but the very same bluetooth adaptor connected to my old school hi fi system also sounds great with no sound loss.

So I am unsure what to try next.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Can anyone recommend a set up they are currently using that works well?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Have you checked the Bluetooth volume on the actual phone as this makes a difference

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My method saves using the phone at all.
I have two iPods, one for each car and load my music via iTunes and simply plug them in and leave them.
With the CLS the iPod is placed in the centre cubby box via the USB connector and with my SL the iPod is in the main glovebox and connected to the 3.5 Jack plug.

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have turned the volume up on the phone and on the bluetooth adaptor but it makes no difference.

I have found the following from a recommendation from a you tube account. Mercedes-Benz media interface Bluetooth adapter for A2DP streaming
Not too cheap but the results are meant to be good. I've ordered one so here is hoping it is what I need. I will report back once I have tested it.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Probably too late now, but you may find the issue is with the jack pin end of your media interface cable and/or the socket on the Bluetooth adaptor. The cable may fit perfectly into the socket on your phone, but not so with the adaptor - if you jiggle it / ease it in and out of the socket on the adaptor does the volume change? (You'd be using a different 3.5mm aux cable when connecting to the hifi and that may fit/connect to the adapter better). A new media interface cable might be the answer - you should be able to pick up a genuine set cheaply off ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom