• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M102.982 non cat potentiometer conundrum

RogK

Car
W124 230e cat
Hoping for some insight - I finally ordered a replacement for my worn pot (top one in pic). However the replacement arrived (bottom one in pic) and looked quite different.

I sent the seller of the new pot a picture of my old one and he confirmed they are not compatible. No problem with returning the new pot, but he doesn't have a match for my old one and I'm struggling to find a pot with a similar configuration to mine elsewhere.

The old one is back on, car drives ok but does hunt, so if anyone can suggest a source for a suitable replacement pot, I'd be much obliged!

Attachments

• PXL_20240607_165015292~4.jpg
    PXL_20240607_165015292~4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
Does the new one have the same part # as your old one? Does it work?

Does the new one have the same part # as your old one? Does it work?
No, different part number. I did try the new one - resistance between pin 1 and 3 looked good, 4.6kohm, but no reading at all from 1 & 2, (deflecting airflow plate)

What's part # on your original pot?
Original part # is 3437224031

3437224035 is the replacement (genuine Bosch btw) and seems to be the common reference number?

Thanks

There were other makes of cars that used jetronic K/KE around that time- SAAB,VOLVO.VW,LANCIA- maybe you could source / modify a 2nd hand replacement / internal components from them?

There were other makes of cars that used jetronic K/KE around that time- SAAB,VOLVO.VW,LANCIA- maybe you could source / modify a 2nd hand replacement / internal components from them?
I've done
I'm looking, but I think all the Ferrari owners nabbed them :) There are a few available second hand, there are also a few guys here (Ireland) breaking W124s, so I'll give them a go

Potentiometer remains elusive - no luck yet with breakers and the only one I can find online is a single slightly grubby example from eBay Germany. The search continues :)

How much is a new one?
I did check with the dealership pre-covid but they only came back with the full unit - air flow housing, fuel distributor - the works.

I've checked with sellers of the more common pot, none of them as yet can match mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom