• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M157 Air Filters

Nooo not pop corn it's thing time 🙂

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Being born and bread East End lad, I love pie and mash or 2 and 2 as we say lol. Have on the occasion had 3 and 2 . And do like jellied eels, but Ive never had eels and mash, a little before my time lol.

Regarding Air induction Kits and filters. I had a GruppeM on a previous AlpinaB10V8 2002 reg. Could definitely feel improved acceleration and induction noise was an nice extra bonus. 347 bhp and similar torque numbers. Fantastic e39 variant with an amazing ride comfort even on big 18" Alpina wheels. Alpina blue exterior paint. No.1/147. Definitely one of my top 5 cars to have ever owned/run.

Screenshot_20221212-141230.png

Last edited:
Being born and bread East End lad, I love pie and mash or 2 and 2 as we say lol. Have on the occasion had 3 and 2 lol. And do like jellied eels, but Ive never had eels and mash, a little before my time lol.

Regarding Air induction Kits and filters. I had a GruppeM on a previous AlpinaB10V8 2002 reg. Could definitely feel improved acceleration and induction noise was an nice extra bonus. 347 bhp and similar torque numbers. Fantastic e39 variant with an amazing ride comfort even on big 18" Alpina wheels. Alpina blue exterior paint. No.1/147. Definitely one of my top 5 cars to have ever owned/run.

View attachment 134810
This actually looks like a proper bit of kit, not just a cheap filter

It was a nice piece of kit. I purchased from the US, cost around £500.00 if I remember correctly.

I saw the dam slithering things, they import them now from abroad but this is what people used to eat in them very old days. Not sure if Tubbies still around 🤔

I’ve seen the YouTube videos and many other tests and on those filters and in the specific testing environment, the results cannot be disputed.

There is no question that paper filters prevent micro particles from passing into the engine better than all of the others. In dusty environments, fitting certain none paper filters could be more of a concern. When I ran my 55k engined cars in the past, I only ran paper filters, as for the cost (2 for £10 at the time - Hengst, Mann etc), and with little performance gain, then it was a no brainer.

With regard to none OEM filters then owners can make the choice based on their own experiences, the experience of others and facts and figures. If the decision is not to fit them then fine.

I purchased a set of these to replace the UPD air intake ones. I have been looking for a while and the price seems reasonable in comparison to others out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom