• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

M157 Resonators Removal- SL63 AMG (R231)

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Hi guys, last weekend I had my rear resonators removed from my SL63 AMG and have made a short video showing both before and after:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sounds great!
I like it that it’s not too loud. A friend of mine with a CLS63 has done an exhaust mod to his car and I find it a bit too loud whereas your car is just right imo.
I’ve been thinking if should do something similar on my S63 ( M157 engine ) but I was worried it would have been as loud as my friends CLS. I think I’ll be doing the same mod as you now.

Cheers all,

Yeah I thoroughly recommend doing it to ANY AMG, its such a simple mod which changings things only when required.

Funny the opinions on the SL Facebook group, telling me I have chavved/ruined my car :D

I did a few gradual changes to my exhaust until I was happy. For me the most important formula was to keep h pipe configuration within the exhaust system at all times.

Examples:

Rear silencer removal only (no check engine light). Retained factory H pipe configuration within the resonator box.

Resonator & rear silencer removal with h pipe configuration fabricated within the system (no check engine light)

Downpipes + full straight pipes with larger 3" pipe all the way to the rear exit with h pipe configuration fabricated (no check engine light due to spacers being used) The exhaust note is race ferroucious🏁 with turbo spools. This set up will wake the dead and punch BMW M5. Will definitely upset Greta Thunberg. The cold start is obnoxiously loud but it only last 20 to 30 seconds.

Cheers all,

Yeah I thoroughly recommend doing it to ANY AMG, its such a simple mod which changings things only when required.

Funny the opinions on the SL Facebook group, telling me I have chavved/ruined my car :D
So are you now "KillerCHAV" or "chavHERTZ"?? 😁

Yep, this is as they should have been from factory in my opinion 🙂

Cheers all,

Sent you a pm the other day, did you receive it??

kc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom