MAF Plausability Error

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

driver30

Car
E350 CDI SPORT 2010 W212
Evenning guys. please help bare with me while my story unfolds. Ive got a 2010 E350 CDI Sport. 58k on the clock.. only 1 previous owner... Appologies, had it remapped when i first bought it.. Anyway caused issues after driving for a period of time, EML light, Turbo waste Seal (green) perished so renewed Reds and had Remap taken off.. Not sure if theese were issues due to remap or otherwise... but anyhoos.

Bought myself an Autel Diagnostic Scanner, With EML on ive been driving for a year, as sometimes it runs perfectly, although fuel consumption was a lot higher. And other times it goes into limp mode and no boost.. Switching engine off n back on usually rectifies the issue. The scanner picks up a 14b101 Hot Film Mass air flow sensor plausability error..

Ive purchased a complete MAF unit and installed it.. Cleared existing DTC, and been on a 340 ish mile round trip with an overnight stop, so engine off for 12hours plus.. No EML light no limp mode and did it on half a tank. which is an excellent turnaround... I thought my issue was fixed... However on returning home from the trip. Engine off to empty boot n put kids to bed. Started her up again only to have EML very much back on.... Still feels like its running smoothly, but My scanner shows The 14b101 HOT FILM MASS AIR FLOW METER HAS A PLAUSABILITY ERROR AGAIN.. Please any assistance would be greatly appreciated. i dont think its the MAF as it was brand new. And how could i travel all that distance without the EML light???

I would start by looking at air filters, maybe blocked.
Then once they’re in you need to tell the car using suitable diagnostics that you’ve changed the air filters. You can also tell it to reset the MAF values. I would also make sure that both cold air intake pipes to the filters are fitted correctly.

I would start by looking at air filters, maybe blocked.
Then once they’re in you need to tell the car using suitable diagnostics that you’ve changed the air filters. You can also tell it to reset the MAF values. I would also make sure that both cold air intake pipes to the filters are fitted correctly.
Thank you for the reply.. That was going to be my next job the air filters... Strangely enough after scanning again after the light came 2 days ago i removed the DTC, went for a run lastnight, no EML light car running like a dream. So confused.. Il check ignition after, may have the light again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom