Man seeks W212 E63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These new skodas are plagued with electrical issues especially the key fobs for kessy! I had a hire octavia and got left stranded when the battery needed changing, thankfully was only at the local gym and not in Manchester like the previous day!
This is a 2019, so same vintage as the Cupra was. That never gave me any issues, hopefully this one won't either.

The situation you mention is not unique to Skoda, there is a workaround and when you examine how the keys work it's clear why it happens. If the key goes dead, use the physical blade hidden in the fob to open the door. The alarm will kick off but if you then hold the key near the column and attempt to turn on the ignition it will recognise the legitimate authentication from the passive transponder and shut up.

Hire cars will be especially prone to this as they tend to keep the keys all together in a cabinet, with so many different radio signals in the same place it causes the keys to compete with each other prematurely draining the battery.

Last edited:
I take it you're not looking anymore......you sure..??

Definitely not looking, although that would have ticked many boxes.

I will get a thread and pics up on the defector's forum, when it stops bloody raining!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom