MAP sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnybravo997

Car
2013 w204 c220 cdi
Hi guys

I have a w204, 220cdi, 2013, coupe
VIN - WDD2043022G130532
Engine management light has come one, I can not feel any noticeable difference to the vehicle when driving.

I read my codes
P010628 - ''the intake manifold pressure sensor has a malfunction. the signal is outside of the permissible range''

due to current UK lockdown, and losing my job, I am planning to try and fix this myself if I can!

I am trying to locate the MAP sensor, there seems to be 3 different sensors that could be a MAP sensor.

2 of them are quite easily reachable - used an electrical cleaner - (no luck)
1 sensor is a little more difficult to reach (on the right of the engine, about 30cm down.

part numbers are A0071530028 and A0101537228.
these are being referred to mainly as boost sensors, but sometimes as MAP sensors.

My question is - are boost sensors and MAP sensors the same thing?
any idea as to which one I should be changing? (i know this could be due to leaks etc, but I am just going to try and change the sensor first)

any help would be appreciated!!!

thanks guys

Yes. You should only have 1. In the air intake pipes routing.

For those others who may need to know it is on the nearside (right looking from the front, I'm in the UK) down by the suspension turret on top of what is probably the inlet manifold. It is secured by two t25 torx screws and the one nearest the engine is a pig to get at. You can just see it looking down the side of the engine. You need a very flexi drive or a long hex drive T25 bit and an open ended spanner to turn it for the awkward one, you will also need a magnet on a stick to get it out without dropping it and someone with very small hands. When replacing it you need to put the electrics and the inner torx into the sensor before putting in in place or you'll spend hours of fun trying to get it in afterwards

Last edited:
thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom