Maybach Exelero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Never seen (or heard!) one of these moving!

Amazing car! Looks like a sci-fi movie car! :D

I wonder if it would've sold if they'd been wacky enough to make it.....

[YOUTUBE]OnyoGH0540c[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
LOL!! If only my CLS sounded like that! :D

Yes, built in '05 for Fulda to test some new high performance tyres.

Striking car, and one I'd like to see in real life some time!

Not many liked it when ASMA had a go at modding the CLS grill, not a million miles away from the Maybach? .....

20070610_1635688677_asma_cls_0361.jpg

That profile looks familiar?

IMG_1849.jpg

1347361536.jpg

Pop in to the Sinsheim museum in Germany - we saw this one there :)
Funny you should say that 'cos we're planning a trip there, maybe this year as they have the two rival supersonic airliners in one place! The TU144 and Concorde.
Something I really want to see having seen a TU144 from a distance in a Russian aircraft "graveyard". Might also pop over to Stutgard too... :D

http://sinsheim.technik-museum.de/en/en/tupolev-tu-144

Last edited:
Funny you should say that 'cos we're planning a trip there, maybe this year as they have the two rival supersonic airliners in one place! The TU144 and Concorde.
Something I really want to see having seen a TU144 from a distance in a Russian aircraft "graveyard".

It's definitely worth a visit - mind you on a windy day the Concorde and TU144 move around a fair bit so going inside them is a bit of an adventure :D

I posted some pictures from our trip there:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/74857-pictures-sinsheim-auto-technik-museum.html

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/ot-o...-sinsheim-auto-technik-museum-aeroplanes.html

Wow! What an amazing car collection!! I can't wait! :)

The TU144 is the last of the (to me) iconic Russian "vehicles" that I haven't been in!

I guess the most amazing one I've sat in is the Buran, which was Russia's answer to the space shuttle, sited at Gorky Park in Moscow.

Anyone interested in the Russian space missions must not miss the Samara State Aerospace University which has a wonderful museum. We were very lucky when we went there in that the chief engineer on the proposed Russian Lunar mission was there and he categorically assured us that the Apollo moon misson really did happen (many people seem to believe it was all a hoax). He showed us stuff the Russians had that prove without doubt that the US did it! :D Something I was very pleased to know as the moon landing was very important to me as a child watching it avidly! :D

390px-The_city_of_Samara_Center_of_Space_Industry_of_Russia2.jpg

Buran.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! What an amazing car collection!! I can't wait! :)

You will enjoy it ;)

I think I mentioned in one of the Sinsheim threads ... the museum is run by a non-profit society, and the majority of the cars there are on loan from members (and fully roadworthy!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom