• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MBClub Masks !

MBClub Numberplate Maks ?

• Yes, I would buy them

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • No, I would not buy them (please state why if possible)

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Hi All,

We have been looking to bring together some official MBClub number plate masks for £20 posted.

Ideal for get together events or when taking snaps to post online. They will help mask your cars registration ! We have found a source to provide high quality glossy number plate masks.

We will be show casing these at the eurocharged event in a few weeks.

Would you buy these? after postage, paypal etc we would make around £1.50 per set of two

Mock Up of the design: (they will come ready packaged with low tack velcro for easy application and removal.

MBC_plates.png

TBH a no from me Vin.

My reasoning is I have a cherished plate and happy to display that.

If however, we went down a proper car show type route, I could maybe see the value in this.

For a day to day photo's I can't be bothered masking the number plate.

Masking it is paranoid IMO - If I wanted the number plate for a gold E class I'd be off to Autotrader or Ebay....

ETA - £20 is a nono for me.

Have to agree, not really bothered about people seeing my plate? It's on the car everywhere I drive anyway! :)

I like original MB dealer plates, fitted properly and undamaged. Clean look.

I would like to say yes after you went to the trouble and you are finding this terrible crowd to be less than positive but, no, not for me either.

Sorry.

As a photoshop guru by day (well more excel now but hey), I don't mind spending a few more seconds cloning out my plate if required.

£20 is a good price though. I'm on another forum (car detailing) where these plates are very popular due to the volume of photos and taking pics of other peoples cars where they are a great buy.

They also allow people to personalise them by putting their usernames on the plates, don't know if you're looking to buy in bulk or can get a little customisation on them if the buyer wants that?

EDIT: Just to add, I like the font design etc. That'd make an excellent little decal. :)

Last edited:
I would be interested in a set, good for shows like Trax when on display :thumb:

Does not really bother me as never been a show car type of person.

It's a no from me.

It clearly makes sense if attending a car show or posting pictures online.

However at current I do neither (though that might change if I replace my mundane C180K with something more exotic :D )

No from me. Rarely take photos of the car. When I do I edit the photo to hide me plate.

They look nice, but I don't think I'd buy them. Would save me a lot of time editing GTG pics. if everybody else did though! :D

They look nice, but I don't think I'd buy them. Would save me a lot of time editing GTG pics. if everybody else did though! :D

Why edit when no one cares?

If I attended shows etc (but I don't) I'd buy them. Seems like a good idea for those who don't want their plates plastered all over cyberspace.

Last edited:
When I read the thread title, I thought 'Yay, some gimp masks!':eek:

So, it might have been a 'yes'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom