Mercedes and iPods

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mykaitch

Car
2013 C180SE fully loaded
In case you haven't seen my past posts here is a brief summary...
New C class April 2013. I specified MUST have full ipod control.
Arrived with Audio20. iPod useless. Demanded display as in handbook for iPod.:fail
Two weeks later told I had to have media interface. For that I must have 6 CD changer unit. Paid for that (£1000)
Better but most artwork missing.:fail
Longer investigation (months). Told I needed Command system. Paid again. Same result.:fail
Eventually told: If Media I/F is not specified when car is ordered then OLD type wiring loomis fitted, ie they bulid you an out of date new car. Mercedes SAY that 1st Gen Media I/F doesn't work properly but 2nd Gen does. :wallbash:
2nd gen cannot be fitted to first gen loom.
Eentually I get £500.00 back. Big deal.
For past year spent hours doctoring Ipod tracks, ie manually editing the ID3 tags and pics. Very slow...UNTIL the ALBUM index stopped working at around 2000 tracks.
Ask MB to wipe the disc in the head unit. Get car back. Index works - ONCE, then back as it was.:wallbash:
The artwork stored on the disc was NOT wiped. The manual claims it is updated by any new artwork on the ipod. It isn't.
So, we all know that the MB iPod software is total Crap.:mad:

I plugged my ipod into the USB connector. All the artwork is read from the tracks correctly. A very few needed correction (pics too big).
The first time all you get is the database IDS like NQMOR etc. You have to choose SEARCH ALBUMS -> READ IN DATA? -> YES. For my 2500 tracks it took 5 mins. NOW, every function is there, all artwork etc, songs, albums.
When you first start after that it takes about 30secs ie it is an automatic process. If you re-sync you will need to read it all in again.:bannana:

So dump the media I/F. Go but the USB port an it all works.
MB in my opinion have ripped me off and if you bought a car since then with base Audio, you have been too.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom