• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes CLA 220 CDI DPF sensor

paresh

Car
W203 C220 CDI
Hello

I wonder if anyone knows how the change the DPF pressure sensor on a 2014 Mercedes CLA 220 CDI. The car is initiating a DPF regen but the soot levels are not decreasing during the regen. I have monitored the regen parameters with an iCarSoft V3 and the temperatures are rising to around 650 degrees during a regen (when the soot level reaches above around 105%). I have taken the car on a 300 mile motorway drive and watched the DPF fill levels and DPF temperatures etc during the journey and see the fill level gradually rise and then the DPF temperature rise when a regen is happening but the fill level is decreasing very slowly and after about 20 minutes the regen is aborted with the fill levels still quite high. I suspect that the DPF pressure sensor may be defective. There are no fault codes stored in the engine ECU.

I have tried to change the DPF pressure sensor located on the firewall behind the engine but access is extremely restricted! I don't want to start removing other parts in order to gain access if I don't have to. It appears that removing something that looks like the EGR cooler pipes will improve access but I am reluctant to do this in case I create an air lock in the coolant system.

Also, I just found out that there are TWO pressure sensors for the DPF on this vehicle (651.930 engine with EURO 6 exhaust gas cleaning). Where is the second sensor located and what is its function? From diagrams I obtained from an online EPC, I think that this second low pressure sensor may be located underneath the vehicle.

I would be extremely grateful if someone with access to WIS could send me the documents on how to change the two DPF pressure sensors.

Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom