• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes Mobilo Life With FMBSH Car

Cotswolder

Car
Mercedes 320
Hello all.

I was wondering if I buy a used MB that has had FMBSH and the mobilo box is ticked every year on the service sheet - is that “mobilo” tick box and the “warranty against rusting through” tick box that has been ticked every year since its first service - Is this warranty and cover transferable to the next owner of the car?

Thank you. Hope that makes sense?

Hello all.

I was wondering if I buy a used MB that has had FMBSH and the mobilo box is ticked every year on the service sheet - is that “mobilo” tick box and the “warranty against rusting through” tick box that has been ticked every year since its first service - Is this warranty and cover transferable to the next owner of the car?

Thank you. Hope that makes sense?

Yes - both the Mobilo Roadside Assistance and the anti-perforation warranty go with the car, not the owner.

yes it is, as long as its all original paintwork they will cover it (in most cases ), any paintwork or bodywork , rust claims get rejected even done at a Mercedes approved bodyshop.

If you are looking for a car over 5 yrs old then good luck finding one like that. You would be better to focus on inspecting the actual car rather than trying to find one that you think might have a corrosion warranty. It is astonishing how different the corrosion can be on two identical age cars.

yes it is, as long as its all original paintwork they will cover it (in most cases ), any paintwork or bodywork , rust claims get rejected even done at a Mercedes approved bodyshop.
When I had to have some bodywork repairs done by Mercedes about three years ago following a shunt, I was told that the full warranty remains. My 12 year old car has FMBSH.

The work wasn’t done by Mercedes themselves, but by the dealership’s main body shop. (They did a superb job.) Of course, I won’t know how valid the assurance was until I (hopefully never) have to make a claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom