• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

MB servicing - sky high prices but nothing new

I’m in a similar position regarding what to do for the upcoming service on mine in a month or so.
E400D 2019 (69 plate ) 22k on it , doing about 4k a year. Up until now it’s had main dealership servicing annually but I’m swithering about main dealer or indie this year.
No plans to sell the car as I usually buy new / ex demo and keep them until the wheels are about to fall off.
Decisions decisions……

FWIW … also have a 2016 Mini Countryman 2.0 diesel from new, currently had its last main dealership service about 6 years ago , 115k on it , all it gets is an oil and filter service at an indie every year and the Mot lets me know what else it needs.
I've said it before and I'll say it again. An oil change and MoT exceeds the B service requirements. RAC personal cover is great.

I almost 100% decided to go for oil and oil filter change around Nov/Dec and I agree re "mot check."
I may go with the AA as they appear to fix more cars on the spot but I will consider the rAC and one other, the name of which escapes me but its all in the link I posted on this thread, IE, Which magazine top ten 'breakdown recovery.'

I also posted that just across the river my car's B service was just over 200 cheaper as the place belongs to another company. However, they are about 5 quid more expensive when I last looked about a week ago and that is a first as they always been miles cheaper. (Dartford Vs Lakeside MB)

As I've only driven the car less than 2k miles since last service in Oct - I may wait until late Nov, early Dec for oil/filter change. Previously the car had a FSHMB, on time history. I'll get the fuel filter, carbon filter and another filter changed sometime next year. The cars done less than 4k in two years. We went to Eastbourne for a couple of days - 2hrs 20/25 mins both ways 67 miles, but manged to get the car hot and drive over 50 around 60/70 for a good time. We are hoping to go to Bournemouth, subject to weather on Sunday. monday for a few days a 320 mile round trip, should clear out dpf etc.

Re services, most items are checks and I agree with those that compare the checks to mot's. I do try to keep my car 100% spot on

I almost 100% decided to go for oil and oil filter change around Nov/Dec and I agree re "mot check."
I may go with the AA as they appear to fix more cars on the spot but I will consider the rAC and one other, the name of which escapes me but its all in the link I posted on this thread, IE, Which magazine top ten 'breakdown recovery.'

I also posted that just across the river my car's B service was just over 200 cheaper as the place belongs to another company. However, they are about 5 quid more expensive when I last looked about a week ago and that is a first as they always been miles cheaper. (Dartford Vs Lakeside MB)

As I've only driven the car less than 2k miles since last service in Oct - I may wait until late Nov, early Dec for oil/filter change. Previously the car had a FSHMB, on time history. I'll get the fuel filter, carbon filter and another filter changed sometime next year. The cars done less than 4k in two years. We went to Eastbourne for a couple of days - 2hrs 20/25 mins both ways 67 miles, but manged to get the car hot and drive over 50 around 60/70 for a good time. We are hoping to go to Bournemouth, subject to weather on Sunday. monday for a few days a 320 mile round trip, should clear out dpf etc.

Re services, most items are checks and I agree with those that compare the checks to mot's. I do try to keep my car 100% spot on
Check the £ at Mb Southend 😉

Get LS to match it.

Check the £ at Mb Southend 😉

Get LS to match it.

Thanks - Just over 200 quid cheaper but 760 is still a lot. As the car has been had a mass of servicing already and hardly any miles, I feel I should go for just the oil/filter changed and then RAC/AA or possibly one other once I've fully compared the three.
Thanks.

so is that is why some car dealers use the MOT as part of the service history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom