• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes Star

Scouser51

Car
E Class
Hi everyone,
I haven’t requested advice for a while so here goes. My old E Class was fitted with the Mercedes bonnet star. I really miss the star on the bonnet, I now have a 2018 E Class that only has the star in the grill! Is it an easy job to fit a star, I’ve seen genuine Mercedes stars on EBay around £14, I’m tempted to buy one if it’s an easy fit. Any advice fellow Mercedes enthusiasts?

Hi everyone,
I haven’t requested advice for a while so here goes. My old E Class was fitted with the Mercedes bonnet star. I really miss the star on the bonnet, I now have a 2018 E Class that only has the star in the grill! Is it an easy job to fit a star, I’ve seen genuine Mercedes stars on EBay around £14, I’m tempted to buy one if it’s an easy fit. Any advice fellow Mercedes enthusiasts?
Your current badge will unscrew from inside , just make sure that the hole in the bonnet is the same size for the star .
Normally a gentleman doesn’t double badge (if you have one in the grill already ) ;)

Your current badge will unscrew from inside , just make sure that the hole in the bonnet is the same size for the star .
Normally a gentleman doesn’t double badge (if you have one in the grill already ) ;)
Well that’s made me think, but I wonder if Mercedes could exchange the grill for a plain grill, then I could have the star on the bonnet once again?

Well that’s made me think, but I wonder if Mercedes could exchange the grill for a plain grill, then I could have the star on the bonnet once again?
Thats more like it ;) . I’m sure it’s been done in the past . Hopefully someone else can advise where to source a plain grill .

Scouser do you want to fit this star to the stanless steel radiator cover or to the bonnet .The one on the suround will need a a hole with flats on the inside see picture , this is on the bonnet but the same hole wil have to be made in the suround .. that hole can be put in the flat of radiator suround . But you can go electric .Or find a vintage star thats just threaded on the base ..The last one will only need one small hole to fit it to the grillScreenshot 2023-03-19 at 10-46-56 Mercedes Benz star hood emblem removal and installation wit...jpegs-l1600  hhhh.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Visit Ebay look at item number number 264172012533 hover over it to enlarge the hole .
What i use on mine its a plug and play ..s-l400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom