• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Motorway gantry speed signs

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello
Returning from the coast today, near the Swanly turn off on the M2 that I think leads to M25, the orange speed signs were 50 then next gantry 40 and the next clear - I was so engrossed in the cars cutting across last minute I noted the sign as i was almost under it - i was doing 47 I think.
I think I'm ok, if not, never had a speeding tick in 43+ years of driving so it won't hurt but I have a question. Are the orange signs, digital signs, or 'advisory'?

I have always followed the messages to the letter as there is often a risk associated with it - all help appreciated

I did not want to brake hard for obvious reasons - the cars in front of me seemed to keep going at around 50 but as i looked in the rea view mirror those behind me slowed - the gantry are very close together, witing 25 seconds driving at 50

Just want to know - will be more cautious next time (btw, turning off at the Blackfen junction half a mile of traffic and so many inbreds bullying their way in near the turning and over the solid white lines with the last few feet of the turning one was a small white van, the guy in front of me would not let him in but the white wvan was knackered and the other guys car a new-ish landrover - the bully got out of the little, dirty van walked up to the car in front of me and out stepped a man that looked the part of a good citizen and pointed to bully with hand gestures to get back in her/his trashy van and the coward went back with his/her tail between its legs.##

I'm glad I've never really had to commute far for work.

Hello
Returning from the coast today, near the Swanly turn off on the M2 that I think leads to M25, the orange speed signs were 50 then next gantry 40 and the next clear - I was so engrossed in the cars cutting across last minute I noted the sign as i was almost under it - i was doing 47 I think.
I think I'm ok, if not, never had a speeding tick in 43+ years of driving so it won't hurt but I have a question. Are the orange signs, digital signs, or 'advisory'?

I have always followed the messages to the letter as there is often a risk associated with it - all help appreciated

I did not want to brake hard for obvious reasons - the cars in front of me seemed to keep going at around 50 but as i looked in the rea view mirror those behind me slowed - the gantry are very close together, witing 25 seconds driving at 50

Just want to know - will be more cautious next time (btw, turning off at the Blackfen junction half a mile of traffic and so many inbreds bullying their way in near the turning and over the solid white lines with the last few feet of the turning one was a small white van, the guy in front of me would not let him in but the white wvan was knackered and the other guys car a new-ish landrover - the bully got out of the little, dirty van walked up to the car in front of me and out stepped a man that looked the part of a good citizen and pointed to bully with hand gestures to get back in her/his trashy van and the coward went back with his/her tail between its legs.##

I'm glad I've never really had to commute far for work.

Not every variable speed sign on the Motorway has a speed camera attached to it....

In some cases, there's indeed a camera on the same gantry as the variable speed sign - but not always.

Did you a speed camera? Or horizontal lines on the road?

Also, when those speed camera's flash the whole section on both sides will know......very very bright.

These HADECS 3 cameras are a like a big smiley face emoji

1687552505644.png

Also, when those speed camera's flash the whole section on both sides will know......very very bright.

These HADECS 3 cameras are a like a big smiley face emoji

View attachment 142664
Also note that on the north side of the M25 most are coloured grey, look carefully for them. If you pass an area with street
lights then go into an area without, there is a high chance of seeing one there. Be on the lookout for them between the
M11/M25 junction and J25 for the A10.

I think it's safe to say that there are speed cameras all over the place, especially on motorways which have variable speed limit gantries.

My particular favourite are the suddenly appearing gantry signs warning clearly of possible nuclear war with immediate speed reduction to 50 then 40 then 30 and then END, when even with relative myopia for some, it’s obvious the road is completely clear as far as the horizon.

Cheers all.
They were certainly not red as these signs are much clear IMO. They were the orangey type but no flashing side lights.
I don't think anything will happen but if it does, my fault and a first in over 40 years of driving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom