My C43 off the road for 3months and counting......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cws196

Car
S205 C250d AMG Premium+
I had a low speed bump in my C43 estate back in mid-May requiring a new front bumper, grille and star. When the bodyshop stripped the front end down mid-June, they found both headlamp brackets were broken so had to order those as well and that's the issue - they have the offside but are waiting on the nearside - as of last week, 52 on back-order for the UK alone with no delivery date as-yet from MB Germany. It's mad, my car is just sat there waiting and very frustrating, but likewise I know I'm not alone in being stuck awaiting parts. The bodyshop advised last week to raise a complaint with MB-UK, which I did, but nothing - I'm assuming it could be chip/processor related as they're ILS headlamps. In the meantime I'm concerned about the car sat there for 3motnhs with the battery running flat and the discs corroding....

I had a low speed bump in my C43 estate back in mid-May requiring a new front bumper, grille and star. When the bodyshop stripped the front end down mid-June, they found both headlamp brackets were broken so had to order those as well and that's the issue - they have the offside but are waiting on the nearside - as of last week, 52 on back-order for the UK alone with no delivery date as-yet from MB Germany. It's mad, my car is just sat there waiting and very frustrating, but likewise I know I'm not alone in being stuck awaiting parts. The bodyshop advised last week to raise a complaint with MB-UK, which I did, but nothing - I'm assuming it could be chip/processor related as they're ILS headlamps. In the meantime I'm concerned about the car sat there for 3motnhs with the battery running flat and the discs corroding....
Very frustrating, feel for you. On the bright side you will love it when you get it back.

Could the nearside headlamp bracket not be bonded back together as a temporary measure to get your car back on the road, or how about sourcing a used unit and then flogging it when replaced. You could be waiting months for a replacement.

Depending on what actually is broken, mounting bracket repair kits are also available easily on line ( although I don't know if yours being a C43 with ILS makes a difference)

Depending on what actually is broken, mounting bracket repair kits are also available easily on line ( although I don't know if yours being a C43 with ILS makes a difference)
This, I know I could get brackets for my multi beam headlights, not sure if they do them for the OP car though

I'm havng the same issue with a faulty brake assist sensor....Mercedes diagnosed it as faulty and have now been waiting a month for a replacement. They keep telling me that they are escalating it to Germany and thats as far as it goes...I really don't know what's happpened to their parts supply but it is awful.:(
:mad::mad: Luckily the car is still on the road.

Thanks for suggestion on the bracket repair kits, however, after a conversation with the bodyshop it was advised these wouldn't work given the damage to the headlamps.

Thanks for suggestion on the bracket repair kits, however, after a conversation with the bodyshop it was advised these wouldn't work given the damage to the headlamps.
Typical ! That would have been a cheap easy fix. Hope you get sorted soon 🤞

Similar situation with my old Saab Aero , waited three months for the repair partly due to an INDICATOR from Sweden which due to an Icelandic volcanic ash cloud was somewhat delayed , they gave me an E Class for the duration which cost , along with the repair ,way more than the Saab was worth.

I asked if a new pattern part could be fitted ,from PFS, to get my car back and was told that only new OEM parts were to be used - utter financial madness.

They had it so long that the MOT / Tax had expired so it had to be returned on a transporter further adding to the overall cost.

K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom