• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

NASA Video - Huge Solar Flare Eruption on 7 June 2011

Interesting.

The dirt seems to fall back to the surface of the Sun, what is the gravitational force of the Sun?

Very very big. And that flare is huge...bigger by many times the size of earth.

It's proportional to its mass, and in this case strong enough to hold no less than 8 + 1 planets in orbit...........

'..the gravity of the Sun at the surface is 28 times the gravity of the Earth.'

From here:
Gravity of the Sun

Any one else have computer problems on this date? We had a server mother board die on us.

schmokin.... im glad the sun has decent g force otherwise that could have landed on my garage.

Any one else have computer problems on this date? We had a server mother board die on us.

My TV reception at the best of times is very fringe, and I noticed it was particularity bad just after this. Its settled down now and is fine, but its a good indication of flare activity and general atmospherics.
I bet if we have any SW/VHF/UHF DX enthusiasts on this forum they would have noticed it.

Watching the video its an amazing sight. But when you stop to think about the amount od technology that has been produced in order to capture that video - i find that almost equally amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom