navtech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robert.farmer

Car
the only car is a Merc
Anyone know anything about Navtech, i have just acquired it for my handheld to put in the car and i was wondering if any advice was warranted i also have an Arkon unit to put it in, have tried it once and it seems pretty good but then what do i know,a friend of mine has TOMTOM and that seems better but for now i will have to stick with Navtech ( it was free) Thanks in advance.

Sorry: I am not sure what your question is.

The TomTom navigation unit uses mapping data supplied by a company called TeleAtlas. TeleAtlas and Nevteq (new spelling, used to be Navtech) are both mapping suppliers and their products are broadly the same - a digital map database of Britain.

Both companies sell their map databases for use by other companies that develop and sell navigation and routing applications (such as TomTom). Neither company supplies software or sells its maps direct to the public so I am guessing that you have been given a routing or guidance application that uses map data from Navtec.

If it's mapping data question, I might be able to help but if it's a question of comparing tomTom to another similar product then I can't advise because I haven't used these sort of products.

Hope this helps in some way.
Philip

Hi Philip, thanks for the reply, i think my thread was wrongly worded, it is Medion navigator but on the screen it says Navtech on board 2004. I have used it a few times and read the HELP pages but i don't find it all that easy to set up if your going on a trip etc, once it is set up it works fine and the voice commands are very good, i just thought someone else in the club might have it and knows a little more about it than i do. I would really like TOMTOM but can't afford it at the moment, i have also been onto Pocket PC web site who give it a very good write-up. Regards Rob

you won't be surprised to hear I can't help - I don't know anything about either product - only the mapping behind them.

Good luck with your question.
Philip

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom